Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC2018 Production Candidate 1

gcode

MC2018 PC1 has been released and is available for download in the Public Beta section

of Mastercam.com

I believe they are shooting for a June RTM release

The maintenance cutoff date for MC2018 will be May 31 2017

12 minutes ago, jeff said:

How does this differ from the typical public beta that we've been using?

This one is all packaged up as a release......all the internals, docs and all, should be tied up at this point....difficult to say exactly but it is a progression from the Beta's

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, jeff said:

How does this differ from the typical public beta that we've been using?

A Production Candidate is just that.... a proposed first official public release.

They will let it stew for a couple of weeks and if no major problems are reported it will be declared RTM (Release to Manufacturing )

At that point they will start burning install CD's and mailing them out to customers

If someone reports a deal breaker, it will be fixed and there will be a PC2. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, gcode said:

A Production Candidate is just that.... a proposed first official public release.

They will let it stew for a couple of weeks and if no major problems are reported it will be declared RTM (Release to Manufacturing  I think??)

At that point they will start burning install CD's  putting data on USB drives and mailing them out to customers

If someone reports a deal breaker, it will be fixed and there will be a PC2. 

Special Southern Hemisphere Fiss :)

Note that once you install MC2018 PC1, double clicking an MC2017 file in Windows Explorer will launch it in MC2018PC1

The version selector utility, McamVersionSelector.exe is not working properly

QC is aware of the problem and is working on it.

A simple an effective work around is to add MC2017 and 18 to your right click Send To menus

Google "Send To" , it's very easy to do

21 minutes ago, gcode said:

Note that once you install MC2018 PC1, double clicking an MC2017 file in Windows Explorer will launch it in MC2018PC1

The version selector utility, McamVersionSelector.exe is not working properly

QC is aware of the problem and is working on it.

A simple an effective work around is to add MC2017 and 18 to your right click Send To menus

Google "Send To" , it's very easy to do

Or just right click and do open with.

18 minutes ago, gcode said:

That's not working on my system

I tried it and it worked for me. Windows 10.

Edit: Just went and tried another half dozen files to be sure I was not talking out my other orifice. Worked fine each time. Something to be said for having a crap system I guess. B)

1 hour ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

I was going to post, that the Cimco license issue has been fixed. Was hoping there were also going put the newer release in. But the license issue is gone.

Sorry for the hijack, but Jay, you have a broken link in your sig. Your youtube link is missing the "e" in youtube.jpg.

• 2 weeks later...

They STILL didn't fix the friggin' D-bug in lathe!! If you can't type D to input your diameter coordinate, especially if most of your work consist of creating wireframe from blueprints, what's the point in using the software?

It seems X9 is going to be the last usable lathe version from CNC ever. 

Edit: It seems you have to push spacebar first, is this intentional? One extra keystroke per coordinate is a lot of extra work.

2 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

They STILL didn't fix the friggin' D-bug in lathe!! If you can't type D to input your diameter coordinate, especially if most of your work consist of creating wireframe from blueprints, what's the point in using the software?

It seems X9 is going to be the last usable lathe version from CNC ever. 

Edit: It seems you have to push spacebar first, is this intentional? One extra keystroke per coordinate is a lot of extra work.

I just set the construction plane to +D+Z , no D required