Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Graphics card

George Gerhard

People do run AMD cards in Mastercam successfully, but I've had nothing but trouble with them.

I stick with Nvidia Quadro cards.. and a lot of people run Nvidia GeForce gaming cards.

If you've already got the card it can't hurt to try it, but I definitely would not buy one for use with Mastercam. 

• Like 3
On 8/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, George Gerhard said:

Hello All

I did a search and most of the comments were old so I though I would ask here incase there have been changes.

AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 w/8GB GDDR5

will this card run fine on mastercam and autocad?

thank you

Some information that may help especially if you're looking to upgrade

System Requirements:

http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Support/System-Requirements

Find graphics card drivers here for your system to ensure system performance and stability:
http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html 

On 8/13/2017 at 7:41 AM, gcode said:

Current Quadro lineup

The P2000 would be a good choice for medium duty work... they are about $425 on Amazon

I've read very good things about the  P4000 ($825) which is a very good card for big files with lots of stock models and solids

I wonder really how much has changed between the m4000 and the P4000? I guess I have to dig to find out.

16 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

I wonder really how much has changed between the m4000 and the P4000? I guess I have to dig to find out.

google P4000 vrs P4000

there are a lot of articles where the eggheads have benchmarked the 2 cards against each other

the P4000 is showing a significant performance increases in benchmark tests

I do not know how this would pan out in real world Mastercam use

My work machine is running a older K4200, my home machine an M4000

Other than the video card my home machine and work machine are identical and my home rig runs

big Mastercam and SolidWorks file much better,

I'm saving my pennies for a P4000 on my home rig.

There is zero chance of an upgrade on my work machine

On 8/14/2017 at 8:22 AM, gcode said:

google P4000 vrs P4000

there are a lot of articles where the eggheads have benchmarked the 2 cards against each other

the P4000 is showing a significant performance increases in benchmark tests

I do not know how this would pan out in real world Mastercam use

My work machine is running a older K4200, my home machine an M4000

Other than the video card my home machine and work machine are identical and my home rig runs

big Mastercam and SolidWorks file much better,

I'm saving my pennies for a P4000 on my home rig.

There is zero chance of an upgrade on my work machine

I have the M4000 on my new rig my last one has a older 4000 on it. there for sure a difference on handling models for sure. After I got my new rig I saw that Nvida had came out with the new series the p series.

• 2 months later...

Having issues with my new system and our I.T. dept. believes it is a issue in Mastercam X9 we have been trying to try different things to eliminate possible causes they are now looking at it possibly being the video card it is a Nivida Quadro P5000 has anyone else used this or know of possible setting that may need to be tweaked? there is another thread where I ask and explain the issues I am having. so I didn't want to put it here again. 

The issues I am having is when I start X9 the monitors flash then part of my desktop picture shows thru my X9 screen for a few seconds then it is fine, and it never did that on my old system. Also on my other screen I keep my tool path mgr level mgr and plane mgr open if I open another window like my email or Skype or others up they should be on top of the X9 windows and sometimes where they over lap the window behind them there will be a gap or part of the window in the back will show thru and I have to click on another window to bring it forward then back on the window I wanted on top n the first place. This really seems to be bad in verify it never open properly and anytime I click on it for a drop down window when it closes it will show a box of the window behind it, very aggravating especially when it worked fine on old system with same operating system.  It is kind of hard to explain without actually seeing what it is doing in person. Also another issue I have is in verify when running a drilling program every tool shows a crash but the milling seems to run fine, and the 2 task bars at the bottom of the verify window has disappeared. Not having a good experience with this new PC so far  and it should be a beast with everything that's in it.