Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post - changing computers/jobs

Brian Pallas

Morning,

I have a post for a Mori NL lathes.  It is just a MPLmaster post from this site that I modified to work how I wanted with the Mori machines. I used it at a different shop.  Now I changed jobs, and I have a copy of that post, and I want to use it here.

When I go to use the post I get the error "Post not encrypted to this sim". 

What do I need to do to get the post working here? 

Pay for it to be updated.

Whomever wrote the original Post should be listed in the comments at the Top of the Post.

That Post is the property of your former employer. Not your new employer. They need to purchase a Post, just like every other shop out there that doesn't have anyone on staff with the knowledge of how to write a Post.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

How would a post, mplmaster in this case, that was downloaded from this site and edited to your liking, some how tie itself to the sim?  Is this something new?  :D   

When you run MPBINX, if gives you an option of tieing a post to a particular HASP. I am guess this is what happened here.

• Like 1

I think I was wrong about starting with the mplmaster, because I don't think it woul've gotten encrypted. It was a few years ago, but I must of used the post the shop already had, and then I think I basically updated it all to mplmaster. So their post encrypted, which is weird, but ok.

So yeah, I downloaded mplmaster again and just file compared and cut and pasted. Just about got it, wasn't that big of a deal. Just another setup step.