Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T California Storm Watch 2004

Rekd™

With all the news lately about the sub-zero

weather and snow that the east coast has been

experiencing, we shouldn't forget that Southern

California has its share of devastating weather

also. Attached is a photo illustrating the

damage caused to a home from a west coast storm

that passed through the San Diego area a couple

of days ago.

It really makes you cherish what you have, and

reminds us not to take life for granted!!!

Damage.jpg

'Rekd teh barely made it out alive!

Think Flinstones pet.

dinoracer goes to the pet store and says "this dino has blisters on his feet, I want a new one." The store owner looks at the little dino, and sure enough, it's feet were severly blistered. The owner wanting to keep the customer happy hands over a new dino, and dinoracer runs out of the store.

Walking home that afternoon, the store owner sees a group of boys playing with their HotWheels cars, or at least that's what he assumed as he saw the boys tearing around making motor noises, Vroom, vvVVVrooommmm, pushing something, on their two knees and one hand... Suddenly he recognizes one of the boys eek.gif

Welcome to the forum dude cheers.gif Hope that was OK. frown.gif an old joke suddenly popped into my head idea.gif

Edit: Oops, I see you've been around a lot longer than me redface.gif Hi, I'm Harry. cuckoo.gif

I'm surpised eek.gif

hasn't your insurance co. recommended cast iron deck furniture confused.gif must be tuf to get it without showing an effort to fight the elements.

quote:

Biking weather soon

hit 55 here yesterday Harry smile.gif got to put 40 break-in miles on the Duece cheers.gif

Reked:

When the storm hit our neighborhood it was devastating. One of our neighbor’s homes was damager even more severely. Two chairs were knocked over and the limb of a tree actually fell on to their deck. Of course they have contacted their lawyers and are filing the following lawsuits:

Wal-Mart for selling the defective chairs.

Georgia Pacific because the wooden deck was so easily damage by the falling chairs and tree limb.

Georgia Pacific again for not harvesting the tree from which the limb fell.

Mother Nature for sending such a devastating storm into Southern California when she should know we are supposed to have perfect weather 24/7.

The family has sought emotional counseling and is accepting donations to help them through this difficult time.

biggrin.gifheadscratch.gifbiggrin.gif

Gosh Rekd,

By the time that storm makes it across country, we'll have to make sure the cocktail napkins are weighed down with an ashtray or something. Better get to the store and buy more coasters. I've gotta make sure the sliding screen door is shut when I get home. rolleyes.gif Quick, call the fire dept. firebounce.gif How'd you ever survive that natural disaster? biggrin.gifsmile.giftongue.gif

quote:

Arron,

Ever try moose (sp) this stuff works pretty good up here

Actually Jack it's Aaron with two A's but that's quite alright I intentionally misspell it on a regular basis myself with each posting.

-And no I haven't tried moose. I have a hard enough time catching those feisty little sheep. Moose seem like another challenge altogether.

But seriously I may have to consider moose, (or maybe even gel), since the devastation in Rekd's storm picture shows the chair may have even been dragged a few inches after it was ripped from it's place there on what remains of the deck.

After careful reevaluation of the digital photo of the devastation provided by our illustrious colleague, I have concluded my original estimation of the damage to have been grossly inadequate. Notice the skewed angle of the secondary flower bed on the rail of the deck. This prooves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the magnitude of force necessary for such a dislodging of the fixture exceeds the capabilities of our equipment to measure. rolleyes.gif

Rekd I hope you're well covered insurance wise. biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif