Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ANY IDEAS

MCFELIX

quote:

I would try learning to read first. Otherwise you will scare away your customers before you can quote a job for them..

j/k, maybe...

NN

Your thanks are neither required nor requested, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

not needed

Hey newname you either quit or I will make it my mission to have your whole IP banned!!!!!

I dont type worth a damn either you got a problem with that.

Oh yeah I got the balls to put up my email how about you?

quote:

I dont type worth a damn either you got a problem with that.

I don't see people jumping on your butt when you make mistakes, but they do to me.

Why?

Because I am new here?

Do I have to have 2500 posts before I can make a mistake before I get beat up? That's a lot of posts, but I gots a lot already today.

When and where did I say I have a problem with your english. You help me and now you hate me?

I'm glad you have balls. Thanks for that information, but it is not necessary.

I don't post email because of spam. If you want to you can email me from here, as it is enabled but not visible for you. I didn't know I was supposed to post it, as I was given a choice not to.

Thanks anyway...

NN

Your thanks are neither required nor requested, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

------------------------

Newname , do you think it is a nice statement for a gentelman ?

May be my English is not so good too ,but it makes me no worse nor better than you ,and who knows what ...

----------------

I would try learning to read first. Otherwise you will scare away your customers before you can quote a job for them..

-------------------

First of all you must be a good professional ,

Bad English will not hurt to good pro ,and good English will not help to the bad .

And be more friendly and not so agggggressssssivvvve with the people .

We all help each other for pure fun and from a good will ,we are from all over the world and

don`t like such an attitude .

Just don`t say you have problems with your English .

---------------------------

I am try very hard with my english, and it still escapes me from time to time, sorry for the confusion.

----------------------

try very hard with my english

---------------------------

Try hard what ?

To abuse .

In real life who knows would you dare .

And we are moderated board ,FYI .

Newname or Mewflame ?

And I was dreaming for a special present to user #8000.

Teh stupido cry.gifcry.gif

Newname: Speak to others as you would like to to be spoken to. NOT the way others have spoken to you in the past. OK so you got beat up before. They might have been wrong. That does not give you the right to be mean to others.

Everyone makes mistakes. Some people over react.

The forum can be a wonderful place full of quality information. Treat everyone with respect and it will come back to you.

Welcome to the forum.

Mike Mattera

Jimmy ,I was a naive fool frown.gif

quote:

Iskander,

What were we going to do for member# 8000?

I am for bonk.gif

As to original question ,ask dealers :

tools ,mold parts,material ,cooling fluid and so on .

Software dealers like Mastercam or Solidworks too.

Dealers always know the best what goes on near you and can help .

MCFelix ,you must hold on ,beleave in good luck and don`t look back

I would maybe look at an online service but to be honest they want more money to me that it is worht. I mean it is dog e dog with the one line people. It is all about the pennies and not the quality with a majority of the comapines I have seen that use these services. I would get the word out make up a flyer and go around to all the local manufacturing companies and machine shops and what ever you can think of. I picked up 10 accounts doing it that way.

quote:

And I was dreaming for a special present to user #8000

i think this requires something real special....flame retardant suit ? fire hydrant ?

I was hoping 8000 would be special in a good way.Oh well. biggrin.gif

Noname,

I hope you are able to see that everyone is up for a good laugh , but everyone is trying to be supportive of new members. Maybe you could try to jump on that bandwagon instead ?

My deepest apologies to Felix. It was for mostly jest, with maybe some hidden bonk.gif because of he was attacking me, but not serious from the heart.

My name is Mateo and I live south of Bakersfield. I like to jest, and it gets me in trouble with me before. You would think I would learn to be more careful, but alas I am hard headed as well.

I'm also sure many that take shots at me are not reading my posts, but if only to find something to attack someone with. That is fine, I am not easily brused.

Now for the topic at hand: For me, word of mouth and parts in his hand has created very close relations.

If you are not too busy, and can convince a new company to allow for quote of a part, instead of a paper quote, put in his hand a part and tell them you're ready to go! It will gets his attention and possible get you a new customer. Be competitive, but don't say a date you cannot make. Companys don't like that. Make a good flyer and walk door to door. Don't be pushy.

NN

MCFELIX: Word of mouth is always best. use your friends in the business for quoteing opertunities. Use your Sworks or Mastercam dealer. I have customers who let me know when thaey have extra capacity for programming and machining. I always do what I can to help keep my customers in business biggrin.gif . It's just good policy. You can also talk with your machinery dealer and the guys you buy your tools from.

Good Luck and once again, Welcome to the board.

rex miller:

Just so you know, THIS IS YELLING. Try not to yell at people. And welcome to the forum. You make a good point too. I know some of my customers put on a shirt and tie and go knocking on doors looking for work. Pick an area and go knock on doors for an afternoon once a week.

Mike Mattera

MCFELIX,

Your getting in at a good time. While buisness in general seems like it's turning for the better, many are reluctant to start buying machines and hireing people. There are many shops who would like to farm-out some work.

It does not apear that you have much overhead and as a result can subcontract at a rate cheaper than many shops can do it themselves.

My best sugestion is to make a personal visit to some of the shops in your area. Introduce yourself, talk to them. I think you will find that there are a lot of people who would be willing to throw some work your way.

Good luck

Hey one other thing talk to your local suppiler and set up a discount program if they will do it. I seem to always cna get a 5% 10 day discount and can even sometimes get other things if you stay loyal to that one business. They are more often than not more willing to help the little guy. Metal supplies for the most part have the heads up their but hwne it coems to helping the little guy s oif you know any established business buying metal see if you can grandfather in under their wing and get good prices on metal as well as good deliveries on material. The other thing Mentioned don't go out and promise the world. It sucks when you tell someone you are or can do the work then can't delivery that only gives you a bad name and no repeat business.