Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trevor, another year, another bat!

The Iron Chef

offtopic.gif

At about this time laast year I asked the forun for recommendations for a new bat for a good hitting 11 year old Little leaguer. Trevor was kind enough to offer some suggestions. We settled on an Easton Z-Core -12.5 bat. nice!

Now That 11yr old is 12. 5' 4" and 110 lbs. THis years birthday present brought him aDeMarini F2 bat this bat is on more juice than Barry Bonds! eek.gif

Good morning James, Its me Keith (The Iron Chef)

quote:

Big Barrell

28-19 Wow thats a big bat for a little kid. Good for him!

Does Pony Baseball rules allow for Big Barrel bats (+2 1/4 dia)? Little League rules max the bat dia at 2 1/4 dia. I stirred up a hornets nest at a game i watched last year. I pointed out to one of my friends that was coaching a Major "B" game that one of the boys on the other team was using a Big barrel bat! You could tell just by looking at it from across the diamond. I was even outside the fence and i picked it up. My friend told me the next day that the bat was dis-allowed.

rolleyes.gif

God luck this year. It looks like your off to a fast start.

-Keith

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hwy Keith,

Yeah, Pony allows Big Barrell bats. Our coach is the one who ultimately says yea or nay about using it though. He says "What's the point if you can't swing it right?" So far Brian is batting .675 no strike-outs and 1 homer. He sometimes uses one of the other kid's Big Barrells, it's one inch shorter and two oz. lighter. Just depends on the pitcher.

So LL says no Big Barrels huh? Brian's bat says something about "Senior League" on it. Is that LL's older kids? Sorry for the ignorance. We've not been involved with LL since my oldest Michael was like 9 (he's almost 16 now.

Season's going pretty good so far. We're DEEP in pitching. We've got 6 or 7 kids that can throw strikes, 4 of them have command of location. The other teams are lucky to have 2 as good as our top 4. So far we have 5 hitting over .500 after that there's a .375 hitter and a .250 hitter. After that it's pretty much .000. The team took second place last year so they are the favorite to take first this year. So far so good. Thursday will be the test. We're playing the only other undefeated team. They'll be bringing their best. SHould be fun to watch.

What position(s) does your boy play?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually Paul, I never played sports except for Surfing and BMX. I was not given the opportunity to play team sports when I was young. I married into a BIG sports family. So now I'm hooked. It jusat so happens the kids enjoy Baseball and football. Now if I could just get Michael to stop liking Ohio State and like Southern Cal... I'd be in heaven.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Michael will be 16 in June.

Jeff Gordon.... eek.gif That's blasphemy!!!! LOL!!!!

We give each other good ribbings during Football Season. I had fun with their season this past year... nam those were some UGLY wins... Though he says he like's SC's Baseball team... kinda hard to not like a 12 time CWS Champion unless you're number 2 with only like 6 CWS titles. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Indeed it is good to be the king. The TV is MINE ans it only likes to show SC sports tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

LOL!

............sorry been busy,

quote:

What position(s) does your boy play

thanks for asking. Colin plays Mostly first base. plus third on occaison( my old spot). And he played many games at second last year.(coaches kid played first)You can get 2 innings pitching out of him. Got a nice little natural slider and a knee buckling curve ball.

WAAAy out in front in his first at bat in Major "A" as an 11yr old. He's now +5 inches and 20 lbs! bigger. I love that #7. Looks like "The Mick" He prefers #13.

outinfront.jpg

and when he was 9yrs old, flashing leather at first

out.jpg

UFC I know, hmmmmmmm searches MMA

Corey, I never really got into the Martial Arts. I am a programmer and a bouncer, I preferr straight up bar brawls biggrin.gif Ultimate Fighting Championships are kewl but there are too much like the WWE and the like. I was a wrestler all thru school, so that stuff doesnt intrigue me as much.

It sure is fun to be able to those connections with your childeren tho.

Keith, those are great pics, looks like the kid has a hell of a swing!!

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Keith,

Very Cool. I'll have to wait to get home to see the pics. We're limited to the websites we have access to at work. Michael plays 1st and 3rd plus the occasional outing on the hill. His curve comes in at your head/shoulders and drops to your knees in like the distance of the batter's box. The word wicked comes to mind. eek.gif I've tried to hit it and I can't. Batting lefty I can foul it off if I'm lucky, if I'm REEEEEEEEEl lucky.

Brian is the regular catcher, gets some work on the mound, 3rd, 1st, 2nd and the occasional inning at SS. When we're blowing teams away he goes to the outfield or rides pine so the other kids get a chance to play the coveted positions. The coach is a great guy. He likes to jump out front on teams by 8 or so runs after 2 innings so that the other kids get to play somewhere other than the outfield. He's SUPER aggressive running the bases. The oponent's catcher better not even think of dropping the ball cuz they are gone if he does. Most of the time they are gone anyway, gotta test the other team's catcher you know. Rarely do teams run on us because we can throw them out.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, bats can be big bucks. $550 between this year and last just for my High Schooler. I nearly have to take a second job to keep these kids in sports. Worth every penny thjough. There's things you learn about life that you really can't learn any other way the same way. Fortunately gloves last at leas a couple of years if not longer.

The F2 is a sweet bat. I have one for myself that I use for softball. Hit two homers last night with it biggrin.gif .

My oldest is using a triple 7 easton big barrel now. We will be changing that one soon. Less than 50 swings and he has dented it already.

Check out the latest Easton Sports mag. They have some really nice hitting structures. Plus a lot of other goodies.

• 2 months later...

To quote the New York Yankee Radio broadcaster Charlie Stiener:

quote:

It is High, It is Far, It is Gone...

Well my son finally hit one over the fence in a game after pounding balls off the fences all season long. He took a 0-0 pitch deep over the center field fence out at the 195' mark. 2 men on. They lost the playoff game 8-6 thanks to some shoddy defense rolleyes.gif

the funny thing about this hit was that i was working the concession stand and happened to look up and saw the hit. He's happy and I'm happy for him. perhaps he'll stop pressing now. ITs been a very good year all around tho.

THanks for listening

-Keith smile.gif

This picture is not the home run but a double off the fence in right center.

double.jpg