Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

not a free post

1 master

i don't want a free post. i contacted my reseller to find out which post i could use for a new mazak hcn6000 with matrix nexus control. he told me to use the generic horizontal post. is there any changes that you think i should make right off the bat? i have a full 4th and 1000psi with a probe. also another question i had was that the foundation requirements state that i should have almost 24in thick concrete. i only have 6in. does anyone have the same machine or bigger? and if you do what Type of foundation is it on. thanks guys.

Im sure someone will chime in on what post to use.

As for your foundation, if you dont pour at least

what Mazak reccommends they probably wont

guarantee machine accuracy.

Seen this issue several times with a Yasda mill

and with a Makino. I think they poured 1 36"

foundation here for the Makino.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Warrent? we don't need a warrent...he said free post!

swat-team-10a.jpg

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i only have 6in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry

frown.gif

biggrin.gif

My boss dropped a Mori HX400 down on our 6" cracked slab about 5 years ago and we have never had the accuracy that we should, despite 2 ball bars alignments. You will never move that machine once you have it installed, so spend a little cash on some concrete insurance, its far less expensive than the machine tool that you are putting on it.

No Solid Foundation, then why bother getting the machine. Also use the anchor Bolts with the correct added reinforcements.

As far as the post goes Mazak eia is almost like Fanuc. There is different codes. Did you get the Renishaw cycles with the machine? If so I just did a couple of very good threads on probing that will work prefect on that machine with those cycles. The High pressure coolant is no big deal either just need know the codes for that machine and then change them and you are rocking and rolling. If you know very little about post I recommend you contact your dealer and have them help you or even do it for you well worth the money. If you feel comfortable tweaking a post to your needs then tackle the task.

HTH

For easy stuff like just changing a code output here and there, I just call my reseller and he walks me through it over the phone. If its alot of editing then I'm sure he would charge but I haven't had anything they couldn't deal with over the phone. Custom drill cycles for probing and codes for automated processes I'm sure would cost money, but you will make that back in no time. Just post and go, no hand editing is the only way to go. biggrin.gif

ouch, would not even think of puting 32k pounds on my 6 inch slab. thats a super nice machine

think it deserves a solid resting place.

meh machine is 13k on a 6 inch slab and i like the fact that it is dialed in and will not move.

ouch, would not even think of puting 32k pounds on my 6 inch slab. thats a super nice machine

think it deserves a solid resting place.

meh machine is 13k on a 6 inch slab and i like the fact that it is dialed in and will not move.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You will NEVER, and I NEAN NEVER, hold the stated accuracy under those condidions on that 6" Slab. Tell your boss to do himself a favor and DO NOT skimp on the foundation. Machine tool builders spec one for a reason. They have no ties to concrete companies, they want your machine to perform to it's potential. Ask CADCAM what happens when you skimp on floors... better yet ask his boss.

On your post, I'd use the MPMaster for starters. It's a great post to start with.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

quote:

also another question i had was that the foundation requirements state that i should have almost 24in thick concrete. i only have 6in. does anyone have the same machine or bigger? and if you do what Type of foundation is it on.

60,000 lbs Mazak FH-680 = 48" foundation

40,000 lbs Mazak FH-8800 = 36" foundtion

35,000 lbs Toyoda FA800 = 24" foundation

20,000 lbs Matsurra H-Plus 405 = 18" foundation

Also the foundation should have boxed/welded 1/2" dia rebar per foundation blueprints. Another thing that happens over time when the foundation isn't thick enough besides cracking, is a tendency for the tool magazine after it is filled up is to sag/settle away or towards the machine depending on the ground under the cracked foundation. Which then leads to toolchanger problems as well as machine performance issues.

Good Luck convincing your boss/owner.

Edit,

When the machine is bolted down properly it helps with machine dynamics and helps absorb harmonic and vibrational forces. For CNC machines this means reducing the tendencies of chatter when cutting tools are engaged in the material.