Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Getting more out of X7 Verify

CamMan1

If anyone wants a little better quality out of X7's Verification there are some settings that you can adjust in the "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml" file.

These are the settings I adjusted

Under <VerifySettings>

<PrecisionFactor>1.0</PrecisionFactor> : is the initial "Default" accuracy factor that is scaled by the precision slider (modify at yor own risk,huge memory hog

dramaticly increases verification times but greatly increases initial accuracy) (rangle 1-10?) I have mine set at 2.5

<PrecisionIndex>5</PrecisionIndex> : is the start up "Default" setting of the precision slider (range 1-10) I have mine set at 8

<PerformanceIndexVerification>5</PerformanceIndexVerification> : is the start up "Default" setting of the speed that it verifies at (range 1-20) I have mine set at 20

With the way I set mine the visual quality is a lot better. Load times are increased and Accurate Zoom and Accurate Zoom Reset takes longer but is tolerable.

With the way I set mine Verification loads with Precision turned all the way up and Speed turned all the way up.

Like anything elses back up yor file before making any changes. Hope this helps some people.

Also when you make any changes you must restart Verify for them to take effect. I go one step further and retart Mastercam just to be sure they take.

• Like 1

Are you liking it more now that you've got the resolution running a little tighter??

Things I like about X7 verify

1. the S and B keys work just like in old backplot... this is very nice...

2. being able to bring geometry into Verify.. it's nice being able to see a drive chain or surface

in verify

3. making the stock translucent and bring in the design model .. this is very useful for visualizing how much stock is left

4. Being able to zoom pan and rotate very large STL files... in early versions.. I might get a 100+meg stl to run but it was pretty

much frozen is space as it was impossibly slow trying to manipulate the stock in Verify.

5. Being able to leave Verify open on the second screen and run it over with new edits without having to relaunch..

something I don't like... the settings you make in a Verify session don't stick.. you have to reset them every time you start Verify

gcode,

I could be wrong but it sounds like if you edit the file CamMan is talking about.. that is the default settings for verify .. so then they would likely stick..

Of course save a copy first .. but worth a shot..

That's some nice work by CamMan, and I'm sure you're right.

I will be making the necessary edits, but settings should stick without the user having to edit xml files

Are you liking it more now that you've got the resolution running a little tighter??

Things I like about X7 verify

1. the S and B keys work just like in old backplot... this is very nice...

2. being able to bring geometry into Verify.. it's nice being able to see a drive chain or surface

in verify

3. making the stock translucent and bring in the design model .. this is very useful for visualizing how much stock is left

4. Being able to zoom pan and rotate very large STL files... in early versions.. I might get a 100+meg stl to run but it was pretty

much frozen is space as it was impossibly slow trying to manipulate the stock in Verify.

5. Being able to leave Verify open on the second screen and run it over with new edits without having to relaunch..

something I don't like... the settings you make in a Verify session don't stick.. you have to reset them every time you start Verify

Yes I like it much better this way. Its still a little slower than I like but it does surpass the part size limit that I have had issues with in the old Verify. And I found out if I use an stl out of a stock model it works much better than the stl saved out of X7 verify. I am not a sofware coder by any menas but I do believe there is some room for improvement on the new Verify on CNC Software's part.

Ok, I set mine up exactly like you CamMan1. Is there a setting in X7 for the Moves/step and Moves/refresh as in X6 verify? Because my verify in X7 seems a bit choppy like I have these set to 20 or something.

Edit: I guess it is just because it is running so much faster and my PC is a pile of... well lets not go there.

Ok, I set mine up exactly like you CamMan1. Is there a setting in X7 for the Moves/step and Moves/refresh as in X6 verify? Because my verify in X7 seems a bit choppy like I have these set to 20 or something.

Edit: I guess it is just because it is running so much faster and my PC is a pile of... well lets not go there.

In Verify under file\options change the Number of moves before and after.

If you want to edit the XML file the settings are:

<numTrace>10</numTrace> I have mine set to 5

<numFollow>10</numFollow> I have mine set to 5

I figured out a workaround to get around the 3 Axis engine 5 Axis engine issue with it wanting to start out in 3 axis. Create a manual entry while in the bottom view then when selecting toopath to verify grab the manual entry. So far it has worked for me every time. That way it will stop b*tching about the face mills needing to be in 5 axis engine.

Edit: Seems the manual entry doesn't have to be in the bottom view just create the manual entry and grab it when you verify.

• Like 1

It would be nice if it supported hide, now it shows all the geometry regardless of what geometry is hidden.

If you are willing to edit the XML file all you have to do is change this setting.

<ShowWireframeGeometries>true</ShowWireframeGeometries>

change to

<ShowWireframeGeometries>false</ShowWireframeGeometries>

That way at start up it will never show the wireframe geometry that is turned on in your levels.

If you are willing to edit the XML file all you have to do is change this setting.

<ShowWireframeGeometries>true</ShowWireframeGeometries>

change to

<ShowWireframeGeometries>false</ShowWireframeGeometries>

That way at start up it will never show the wireframe geometry that is turned on in your levels.

Unfortunately anyone using the backplot portion of the new verify will not see geometry with this setting.

Thank you very much CamMan1.

I made all changes, work very well. I am agree with 'gcode'

I will be making the necessary edits, but settings should stick without the user having to edit xml files

May be in McamX7 MU1 all settings will be in xml format :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to get the tool to interpolate the toolpath like in the old backplot instead of just jump from endpoint to endpoint. Sometimes when checking clearances it is easier to do it with backplot and sweep it past the sticky point so you know how much clearance you have. Sometimes your tool models and setups aren't as close as you might think.

You can turn on the toolpath and endpoints in the new verify if you want. I don't believe there is a way to interpolate like the old backplot. That is why I still run the old backplot. You can run the old backplot and the new backplot and new verify in X7. You just have to use the Mastercam applet and enable the old backplot. Supposedly they are going to implement interperlote and saving toolpaths in the new backplot they just haven't got there yet.