Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Getting A Raise

Travis_Buchanan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 10 of the last 14 years, my company gave us lump sum raises because we were paid higher than the average in the community.

Now thanks to their benevolence, we are near the bottom of the community wage scale. It doesn't matter what job you perform in this company, we all are paid at the same rate of $19.85 per hour. Our wages now compare with the duck and chicken slaughterhouses in the area. In the rest of the community, which is heavy into biomedical machining, you can't even get a CNC button pusher for less than $21/hr. And programmers, well, you don't even want to know.

Merit raises were taken away and replaced with a 1% lump sum based on the prior years wages. You got one if you could walk on water.

3%, I'd be glad for that.

Stand on yer toes Travis....just don't bend over. biggrin.gif

Personally i agree with rekd. If you do stay, chances are they will expect unreasonably more from you and then look for someone who can fill your shoes. Use you up, throw you away.some trends never die.it's changing though.

3% /year. cheers.gif and an occasioal nudge.

I'm with Rekd.

Just a quick note to add. I live in the Chippewa Valley, WI and over 500 people (three different companies ) were notified that they would be losing their jobs. Times still don't seem like they are back to par.

Good Luck,

Scot

can't even remember the last raise - it's been a long time. i fall underneath the pay scale mentioned above and i also program the CMM's. i'm starting to think i'm getting the raw end of the deal.

scots right, since 2001 michigan has had over 150,000 people told their jobs were moving out of state -900 announced last week). so maybe i'm not doing so bad. i just don't know.

Hey Brendan, is that a flat check or a FAT check..? In your case, a fat check I think

A lot of guys around here lost their jobs over the past couple of years so I didn't mind the stagnant pay situation but now that we're getting busy I'd like to see a real raise

C

quote:

If I've made my decision, and the management decides to try to keep me, it's too late, so sorry.

Same here . . . I left my last job (after 15 years) because as the Engineering Manager, there was no work scheduled and my salary was cut 10% (the whole shop as well). I made the decision to come here at a lower rate just to get in the door to a great mold shop. This is an injection mold shop, last one extrusion molds. More experience means more money.

Am I expecting a raise in April, you bet I am or it off to the races. biggrin.gif

quote:

If the money's not there, there's someone down the block that will pay it.

Exactly biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Oh, I forgot to add my last raise was August of last year. I believe at my work they do it every two years for slavery errrrr salary employees if you do a good job.

A question: 3% from what?

A 3% from 250$ its' enough? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My bills it's most like in the States.

A 5% raise for you it's = my salary, maybe

cuckoo.gifconfused.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifbiggrin.gif

My boss made a raise last year, like in his country 3%. =7.5$= a cheeeeeep shirt not Nike

A good ideea :

" I'm at work for the same reason most of you are; the money. If the money's not there, there's someone down the block that will pay it. "

I made something like this 2 years ago.

Maybe this year I made a new move what the hell...

I have 2-3 "new blocks " in town biggrin.gif

A question: 3% from what?

A 3% from 250$ its' enough? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My bills it's most like in the States.

A 5% raise for you it's = my salary, maybe

cuckoo.gifconfused.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifbiggrin.gif

My boss made a raise last year, like in his country 3%. =7.5$= a cheeeeeep shirt not Nike

A good ideea :

" I'm at work for the same reason most of you are; the money. If the money's not there, there's someone down the block that will pay it. "

I made something like this 2 years ago.

Maybe this year I made a new move what the hell...

I have 2-3 "new blocks " in town biggrin.gif

We got a 2.2% bonus in Feb.

That meant about $700-$1100 for most of us. The next day the head boss drove in with a new Suburban. ($40k+)

BAD, BAD timing. We're not stupid.

Either his 2.2 was more than ours our accounting moved his decimal.

I also got about 2% increase last year. Not enough!

I have to stop typing now before I get sick.

Times are tough so I count our blessing(s).

i just did the math ,i got a 1.94% raise in the last 18 months.if all goes well maybe summer of 2005 ill get another.i cant complain thou i like what i do and am content were im at. besides i just got a new computer and am working on setting up dual monitors.

trevor

I can't complain about my hourly wage plus I have been getting 3% a year. Of course that will probably change this year with a new contract coming. I could handle a wage freeze if they would give some overtime back. Been working 40 hrs. For the last year and a half. Before that it was 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Guess what I'm trying to vent is hourly it looks good, but annually it gets worse every year. Thanks for the chance to vent a little