Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

View ports in main graphics area

Candicane

31 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

On our routers, we program a lot of aircraft interiors; all of the divans, galleys, lavatories, bulkheads & assorted other furniture. Each complete assembly is composed of multiple honeycomb panels, of various materials and thicknesses, as well as separate hardwood parts.

That's funny.

That's exactly what I do..

What aircraft?

4 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

The option to leave the viewsheets where they are (at the bottom) but have a vertical scrolling "up" the screen would be my vote.

But for Ronaldos type of work with many many viewsheet requirements, there'd have to be some sort of folder or master viewsheet at the bottom, and then clicking on that would open up the vertical fly-out with all other viewsheets (related to that "folder") within it.

In my head anyway...:fun:

You'd want to attach and unnattach to the operation manager tab I think.

2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

What do you think @Thee Byte™ is this something worth putting in an enhancement request for?

Definetly worth requesting.

4 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

You'd want to attach and unnattach to the operation manager tab I think.

The trouble with that...is you either have a complete new tab, then it's click to activate...or append the view manager...

Either way it's more bloody clicks...because you're probably in the OPS manager and then click to select the correct tab and click again to get what you want.

Where at the bottom, one click to access?

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......have a modified interface where you can customize the keyboard and type something like "VS" and up comes the viewsheets dialogue box.

Oh that WOULD be sweet :wub:

Stupid nonsense ALT TAB blah blah windowze standard useless interface...and the clickety clickety click click click... :rolleyes:

:D

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Mostly Gulfsteams

I've tried to Pm you a couple of times before, but when I click the send button it never works. I PM others regularly without issue. Is your box just full?

Yeah, I try to keep it from getting full.

24 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

If we could get something like the planes manager that would allow you to name and organize. It would also be nice if you could check boxes of what to include inside each view sheet, like toolpaths, stock recognition, levels, fixtures, views etc.

Yes I like that idea. Some view sheets I want to see certain things and in others I don't. Right now it is a all or nothing for all of them.

21 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

If we could get something like the planes manager that would allow you to name and organize. It would also be nice if you could check boxes of what to include inside each view sheet, like toolpaths, stock recognition, levels, fixtures, views etc.

So you want to map a view matrix to a "group" of data representing your job setup.

Very clever approach.

So that's more a combination/revamped Levels manager then?

And while it's being changed (LoL) please add the ability to "lock" a level like Autocad can so geometry etc - anything on that level - cannot be accidentally moved or deleted (enhancement request already submitted when X7 was released)...

2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Maybe we should invite @Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software to the conversation?

Nope....  I should stop checking this on a Friday afternoon!  :)

I'll make sure this thread is seen by guys in charge.  I know that reworking the planes dialog is on the list and there's been a lot of requests for enhancements there.   I don't know what the status of reworking a viewsheets interface is, though. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1