Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT/ Help a hurt soldier

Our friend Rekd postet last week the tread OT/Friends coming home.

As my wife is heavly involed en soldiersupport to the US troops over seas, I wrote Rekd a email, letting me know if there was anything we could do to help.

My wife talked to Josh's wife saturday, she flew from Calafonien to Maryland sunday to see her husband. We still do not know what hospital he is getting transportet to from there, but if it is Walter Reed, my wife might plan the 7 hour drive for a visit.

I do not want this site to turn into a donation site, but this would be a good course. Josh's wife had to come up with around $700 for a plane ticket and take 2 weeks off without pay.

Why help, well why the heck not. I am planing on starting a donation at my work tommorow, it is a small shop but what ever we can come up with it will help a famely in need, a famely there is very close to one of the biggest helpers on this forum without a doubt. I am thinking the best way would be to write a check to Lisette Magana (Josh's wife)with what ever amount is afordable in your budgett, even if you dont whant to donate, take the 5 min. to write a "get well card".

If you are intrested in contribute in this cause for a guy who took 2 bullits, you can email me at [email protected] and I will give you my adress and make sure donations and "get well cards will get to Josh and his famely.

Thanks

Lars

The Dane who thinks its time to pay alittle for freedom.

[ 05-05-2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Lars ]

I'm in

Thanks for doing the legwork Lars

edit:

A cashiers check in Josh's wife's name would

probably be best. An out-of-state check to

a man in a hospital bed is a useless piece of paper.

[ 05-05-2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Guy's I want to thank the people who have already donated, and Lisette will be informed as donations comes in. She is very gratefull for the help so far

However I have to go and play with some CNC'c, I think they call it work? I will not be able to reply on emails til after 2am EST. But please keep sending I will go right at it when I come home.

Rekd, it is our plessure.

Thanks

Lars

call [edit] at 1-800-###-#### and get out your credit card or ATM card

With ID, money can be picked up anywhere in the US.

The fee is steep ( $40) but in a emergency it works.

[ 05-06-2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

i like the paypal idea,

lars if we used paypal and sent it to your email address could you take it from there. i just want the easiest method for all involved so the money gets where it needs to be quickest. if not i'll just go with my original plan to send a check.

There's no sense in everyone making [edit] rich. I used them in case there was an immediate need. The hospital will feed Josh, but his wife is on her own

[ 05-06-2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Paypal, not a problem, but I am going to make it alittle dificult for you guy's biggrin.gif

I am not sure if I am comfitable with you guy's sending it to my email address, because if something happen to me then I will have a group of mad.gifcurse.gifbonk.giffirebounce.gifflame.gif

running after my family, trying to get there money back. So I got a hold of Lisette Magana's email, but I dont want to post it here on the forum, like I was not willing to post my own mailing address.

So how about this, you email me saying you want to use paypal, and I will send you her email address, and as Thad stated, you dont need a paypal acount, just a email address.

would that work?

Thanks

Lars

quote:

Thad, I have it in the 1st. post

DOH! Reading skills are very important! redface.gifbiggrin.gif

Anyway, I got your email. I'll send something out today. Thanks to you and your wife for taking on this noble cause. Always glad to help a "brother" in need.

Thad