Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Training

JB7280

I don't want to name any names, but I was curious on what the next step is, if you have employees that could use Mastercam training, but your reseller isn't up to the task?  Are there private companies that offer training?  We'd like to get some training that is geared towards the work that we do, rather than just an off-the-shelf curriculum.  We've gone to a few reseller training events, and it wasn't very impressive.  

Am I wrong in thinking that you don't get the same sort of training from video courses, as you would from an actual instructor, who has used Mastercam in the real world?

Since you brought up videos, I never see StreamingTeacher mentioned.  But it seemed to be one of the more "human" of the video training sites.  Are they not viewed as a very good training tool?

1 hour ago, JB7280 said:

Am I wrong in thinking that you don't get the same sort of training from video courses, as you would from an actual instructor, who has used Mastercam in the real world?

Best training is live from someone that can educate, demonstrate and get the students to engage (ask questions and follow the instructions). 

No amount of training replaces actual work experience IMHO. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

That is what we do. We have trained many different customers over the years. We approach with programming customers with real world parts. We can do it with gotomeeting or we can come onsite. You can send em an email and i will be glad to provide you a quote.

@JB7280I would get in touch with Ron, if I were you.

1 hour ago, Thad said:

@JB7280I would get in touch with Ron, if I were you.

12 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

That is what we do. We have trained many different customers over the years. We approach with programming customers with real world parts. We can do it with gotomeeting or we can come onsite. You can send em an email and i will be glad to provide you a quote.

Email sent.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, JB7280 said:

I don't want to name any names, but I was curious on what the next step is, if you have employees that could use Mastercam training, but your reseller isn't up to the task?  Are there private companies that offer training?  We'd like to get some training that is geared towards the work that we do, rather than just an off-the-shelf curriculum.  We've gone to a few reseller training events, and it wasn't very impressive.  

🍿

Who is your Dealer?

17 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

I'd rather not.  They haven't necessarily done us wrong, so I don't want to put them on blast.

oh u can tell me in chat if u want, im just curious

Did you try Mastercam University btw?

its free

30 minutes ago, byte said:

oh u can tell me in chat if u want, im just curious

Did you try Mastercam University btw?

its free

I am not just teaching Mastercam I am teaching manufacturing processes and giving insight into ways to make a companies profitable. I know a lot of the dealers personally and have a ton of respect for them and their teams, but I am the one some call when it is deep and very intense programming work.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

I am not just teaching Mastercam I am teaching manufacturing processes and giving insight into ways to make a companies profitable. I know a lot of the dealers personally and have a ton of respect for them and their teams, but I am the one some call when it is deep and very intense programming work.

This is the difference between hypothetical and real world experience.... They will learn more from you in a few days then taking 5 courses.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Agreed. 

I've also been tagged in by a few resellers for in-depth trainings when their customers' needs have exceeded what they can offer.  A lot of the resellers are overwhelmed with training requests and can't offer the kind of one-on-one training with the customers' parts that they really need.

You'll have a great experience with Ron!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, byte said:

wow, awesome, thanks for showing!!

The YBM-8T is a wild machine.  I believe methods did a time lapse video of the actual install of our machine.  I'll see if I can find it.  

Easier than I thought....

• Like 3
On 5/15/2023 at 4:13 PM, crazy^millman said:

Hi Ron,

The company I work for just purchased a 5 axis Yasda px30i. This is the first opportunity I've been given to program and run a 5 axis machine. The first part I'm working on is simple 3+2 programming and I am picking it up fairly quickly. They also got a seat of Camplete with the purchase and it is a pretty cool tool. Anyhow, I am really looking forward to moving into the new age of 5 axis machining. Any and all advice is always greatly appreciated.

Best regard. 

7 hours ago, JB7280 said:

The YBM-8T is a wild machine.  I believe methods did a time lapse video of the actual install of our machine.  I'll see if I can find it.  

Easier than I thought....

What is your experience with the after sales support from that distributor?