Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS and multisession

icon3.gif

Hi ,folks !

Just noticed a couple of times that WCS can behave wrong if you have multisessions .

The second or third Mastercam instant can became crazy and will rely to the WCS from the first part ,no matter what .

Closing the first instant of Mastercam will solve this prob .

Happened 5 times in last week .

I do not ask for a help ,only want to warn you :

Ensure that your WCS behaves right ,if you have multysession ,otherwice you can be !@#$%ed .

Teh Doominant

What happened to me today was even more strange .

My second Mastercam session file was with WCS turned off but it completly forgot about it and started to make me feel even more dumb that I am !

I closed it ,saved and closed first session ,opened it as first session and all is

good.

Now I write while 4 sessions are working and all is good.

When it will happen once more? I hope that never !

Teh crippleton

I HATE the sporadic flipping of views on you when using WCS. I'm in the iso view programming a toolpath, go to graphics window to select my chain and it flips back to the top view. mad.gif I go back to the iso view, select my chain, regen and backplot...it flips back to the top view. curse.gif And this is with only one session of MC open! curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

Thad

Try this one Jay, you may change your mind.

start out programing a part for a horazontal. set maybe 4 index positions. all is well. Now you have a sesond opp on this part and you need to flip it to a different orientation for indexing. it all looks good till you post it. the good ol single axis rotation warning pops up. WCS and anything outside of top view just dont mix. I admit I use it for single sided work but that dont show up round here much

I agree that I could not live without WCS after using it. I find a couple of issues with it, but for the most part it saves me a ton of time. If the Edit Common Parameters worked on it properly, it would save me even more time!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I could not live without this tool either.

quote:

...WCS is the devils tool I will not use it...

eek.gif Man, It saves me probably an hour per operation/fixture I have per part. That adds up to a whole helluva lot of hours at the end of the year, trust me!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...start out programing a part for a horazontal. set maybe 4 index positions. all is well. Now you have a sesond opp on this part and you need to flip it to a different orientation for indexing. it all looks good till you post it. the good ol single axis rotation warning pops up...

Well, I program for a horizontal day in and day out and have not run into any probelms provided I set my planes correctly. But there is a problem with the Edit Common Parameters though. Other than that it's the shizzle!

Mayday I have done waht you said and it works.

I have some parts the will see Virtical and then a horzontal with rotations and i still use a single file.

I do alot of say vise work then go to the 4th ,still i use the WCS so I can varfy the hole ops.

I say i again love this tool.

I can say that it has a few hicups that show once in while. But I can get around and get back on pace.

I lovehave the WCS to use fornamed views to much bettr then in V8.

quote:

I think the WSC is to much like a democrat

constantly changing its views

LOL!!!

WCS.......... I guess if you are always importing geometry that is not lined up in the plane you are machining from, and are having to do alot of diffrent parts in one day,and your parts required some machining on 2-6 sides, it would be very useful and actually save alot of time.

When one is using very complex surface machining toolpaths like leftover and restmill that the NCI is mirrored and rotated all over the place, the WCS tends to add to frustration level for me....for those who build their own geometry, the planes are already lined up perpendicular.

Only takes a couple minutes to analyze your geometry and rotate it to the proper machining plane....EVEN if its off in all 3 axis....

It is very easy to just manually rotate the geometry and save it as back, right, bottom, or whatever and modify whatever existing ops that you can use and delete the rest.

Sure you have multiple files, but your files will be smaller, open up easier and be less hassle....

A little glitch can cost you more time than it saves..... sometimes....

No multisession for me though...... biggrin.gif

Murlin teh my 04 cents smile.gif