Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

delcam

Madhu

Hi++

Say him that you can do it in Mastercam !

Like this

igh speed trochoidal cutting uses arcs (loops) to minimize tool burial and optimize chip load. Trochoidal cutting produces smooth tool motion at corners to prevent wear on the machine tool.

The graphic below shows trochoidal motion as shown in a backplot of the first cut of a surface pocket rough toolpath.

When trochoidal cuts are off, Mastercam inserts a loop when stepping over between cuts. The graphic below shows the high speed loops in a backplot of the first cut of a surface pocket rough toolpath.

Trochoidal cuts can be generated in two ways. Both methods require the radius and spacing of the arcs or loops in the cuts. You can select one of these options from the High Speed parameters dialog box. You can access this dialog box by choosing the High speed button on the Pocket parameters tab of the Surface Rough Pocket dialog box, or on the Roughing/finishing parameters tab on the Pocket (Standard) dialog box.

¨ Full material only inserts arcs (loops) only when the tool is buried in the material more than the stepover amount. The tool moves along the loops until becomes less buried, then returns to a cutting path without loops.

¨ Entire pocket inserts arcs (loops) throughout the entire toolpath. Use Entire pocket when using a large stepover or large stepdown.

¨ Loop radius sets the radius used in highspeed loop motion

¨ Loop spacing sets the stepover between successive highspeed loops

¨ Corner smoothing radius allows the tool to move in an arc when changing direction around a corner. Creates smooth continuous motion instead of stopping the tool between changes in direction.

Note: The loop spacing should not exceed the stepover distance set in the Roughing/Finishing parameters tab (pocket toolpath) or the pocket parameters tab (surface rough pocket toolpath).

Delcam's editing a toolpath by creating a window and it will remove the section from your toolpath is brillant.Mastercam overall is a better package i think.You get CAD and CAM.Try doing 2D or drilling or machining a flat surface with an endmill in PowerMIll and you will turn red fast.Each product has its plusses and minuses.Powermill processing time when I did some tests was 8 times faster than MC.On large 3D finishing toolpaths.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

David , you can trim toolpath to closed contour by toolpath->trim command

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trimmed toolpaths fit existing operations within chained boundaries relative to a selected construction plane. This toolpath is available in Mastercam Mill by choosing Main Menu, Toolpaths, Next menu, Trim

and in Mastercam Wire by choosing Main Menu, Wirepaths, Next menu, Trim.

Click the topics below for more information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is an old feature I use it still for this day and in some situations it can be very effective

HTH

WTHH

quote:

Trimmed toolpaths fit existing operations within chained boundaries relative to a selected construction plane. This toolpath is available in Mastercam Mill by choosing Main Menu, Toolpaths, Next menu, Trim

and in Mastercam Wire by choosing Main Menu, Wirepaths, Next menu, Trim.

click, click, click, click....this is my biggest frustration with mastercam....too many mouse clicks....but from what I have been hearing, X is supposed to get away from alot of that.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

James,

Get the mmouse C-Hook and "Right-Click", hover over "Toolpaths", and hover over "Trim". What's so hard about that???

But I hear you, X will allow you to get away from a lot of that.

Delcam has been trying desparately to get in our doors here in Brisbane and to no avail....im there to stop them ...sorry folks .....i can see some advantages when it comes to surfacing and modelling...but heck we can always boot up the Unigraghics seat if it is a problem...sadly i agree when it comes to simple tasks like drilling a hole i might as well use the Unigraghics and shave my head so i dont have anything to pull at when i have gone through 10 different sub menus just to correct the feed or speed...lol