Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X screen shots...

?Mark

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James hit the nail on the head.

A Delcam Logo on the shirt is a dead give away. Plus this is my 12th IMTS. I do about 3 shows a year (used to do about 10). You see the same people at all the shows. I know who's face I should get in front of. CadCam is my profession.

Lets put it like this:

You have a Hass Vert Mill.

Your competition has a Hass Vert Mill.

Your both bidding on the same jobs and you get the job. You do it successfuly because you developed a special machining/fixturing technique.

Are you going to post that information on the web?

Are you even going to tell your customer about your special technique?

Why would you make it easy for someone to get any information about what your doing, if they are your competition? That's the point!

As a customer you'll probably get a piece of Lit in the main within the next couple of months that will tell you exactly what you need to know. YOU will get that because YOU are a customer. We tend to NOT send those out to the competition.

Mike Mattera

quote:

As a customer you'll probably get a piece of Lit in the main within the next couple of months that will tell you exactly what you need to know.

Next couple of months!! eek.gifeek.gif

Ouch.....

What happened to 'end 'o the summer release'??

Now this is a dead giveaway as to when we should expect 'X' out on teh streets..... biggrin.gif

This Dec/Jan release date is crap. I've been putting off diving into MC for fear that it was getting a complete overhaul shortly and that my time would be better spent waiting for the "new deal", now I find out it'll be months before they release it! Guess I need to get to learning V9 since there's no guaranty even of a release date that soon, judging by all the dodging I see from my resaler. And as far a keeping secrets from the competition by with-holding screen shots, that's hysterical. I'm sure that if the compettition is really worried they already have a beta tester working for them and have looked at the code. Judging by MCs interface though, evidently there isn't any competition or this would have been improved years ago. It kinda reminds me of AutoCAD, you can do anything with it if you spend 90% of your waking hours imersed in learning all of it's burried functionality and how to write lisp/chooks. Shot myself in the foot again. I was hoping life was going to get easier...... As long as this release has been in testing and development it had better be bullet proof.

After 20 years of producing the best Cam package in the world. It seems that some people are upset that they have not had to pay for maintenance in the past.

What I'm saying is that EVERY other cam package IN THE WORLD has been charging for maintenance. Mastercam, as you know, has just recently started maintenance. I think we all knew it would come eventually. It had to. It's just the way things work in this day and age. Some companies do think their efforts for product improvments have a value and are worth a small yearly fee.

I always like to look at things from the positive side. So here's the facts....

1) After 20 years, Mastercam is about to release Version 10 of their flagship product.

2) Most other companies products would be on Version 20, with an update charge of 10-15% per update.

3) Mastercam has released a new MAJOR version update every 2 years, with incremental updates and improvments 3-5 times per Version.

4) That new version was available for a 10% update fee.

Good News!!!

You have received your updates for 5% per year (or less if you skipped an update). That is 50%-65% less than the national average.

More Good News!!!

X will be released when it's finished. And why would you want it if it wasn't finished. And If you have V9, You should use it. It's a great package with EXCELLENT toolpath capabilities. And If you have any questions during your learning process, ask away. We're here to help.

BTW: I was wondering what software your using now (OS, Word processing, Spread sheet, Email, etc...) that is bullet proof and as absolutly no bugs in it. I'd like to get me a copy of that.

Have a Great Day

Mike Mattera

Thus far, the amount that my company has spent to purchase Maintenance has not gotten us anything AT ALL worth the money. Guess version X will be released right about the time our maintenance agreement runs out. Mastercam still has a lot to show me, your still towards the back of the line in CAM software as far as I'm concerned. I sure hope X comes with some MAJOR improvements, otherwise good riddens Mastercam!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 20 years of producing the best Cam package in the world. ,,,,,.....,,,,,,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike ,you must become a p.r man ,you are so

honey talk ,that headscratch.gif

And what about dark side of the picture ?

Like negative offset limitations and so on ?

~~~~~~~~~~~

More Good News!!!

X will be released when it's finished

~~~~~~~~~~~``

ROFL !(I fall from chair ) +10000000000000

Or it will not be released before it`s not finished .

I am a great fan of Mastercam , I am in love with it actually ,but thaT`S TOO MUCH EVEN FOR ME !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW: I was wondering what software your using now (OS, Word processing, Spread sheet, Email, etc...) that is bullet proof and as absolutly no bugs in it. I'd like to get me a copy of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

vi in any Unix system

Best regards

OH MAN Don't get me started! Why the heck do any of us need to pay to have software "Maintained"? This is just a fancy term used to describe a companies way to say "Pay us more money to fix mistakes that we should have never had from the beginning". My company is the worlds largest company for the high end products that it produces. We know what software works and what doesn't. Mastercam does not perform for a company that needs a very high amount of programming output and consistant performance time and time again. This is one of the first software packages that needs more money from its users to basically keep it growing continually in it's childlike beta form! And all of this fuss over screenshots is sickening! Software can "look" as pretty or as ugly as you want it to, but it doesn't mean it will perform. COME ON MASTERCAM PROVE ME WRONG. Otherwise why would there be sooooo many people looking for help and support in this forum for this software. Glich, Glich, Glitch, Patch, Patch, Patch. Pay me more Pay Me more. BULL SH*T!