Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New PointCloud chook for Mastercam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the Surface Patch part of Pointcloud done for X2, here is the install.

Verisurf_X2mr1.exe

It also has the latest HoleAxis chook and some other usefull tools. try the new Hidden Line chook, its for hidding the wireframe of surface models.

P.S.

Their is a setting to turn off the Verisurf watermark. see if you can find it.

Ernie

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yep! biggrin.gif

Oh, I found the way to turn it off. Took 5 minutes... I went through the registry first, then through the *.dll using resource hacker, then I found it using the route I should have used in the first place. biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

MBD crashes for me too on a Native CATIA file I brought in. The exact steps to create the crash are as follows,

File, Open, (select file type from drop down - CATIA V5), select file, wait for read to complete. Click MBD tab. Click create Datum Plane (it prompts me to select a plane), I select a solid face, it hesitates for a few seconds, then kicks me out of Mastercam. I get the Mastercam error reporting box.

HTH

HP Pavillion zd7000

P-IV 3.2 GHz w/ HT

1GB RAM

NVidia GoFX5200 w/ 64MB Video @1440 x 900 Res. @ 32Bit Color Depth.

X2 MR1, with X+ add-on.

So Ernie when do you expect to have the complete Verisurf done in X. We just got this and I feel like I took a few year step backward in time trying to go through the V9 interface then trying to come back X2 to program then back to V9 to learn Verisurf. I know you guys are working on it, but any idea on a time line? Also I Beta Mastercam would not mine Beta Testing Verisurf if it would help.

[ 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yep,

I get the same thing too Greg. I sent a file and the procedure to repeat Ernie.

No reply yet. Musta been right. biggrin.gif

I know when I send something to CNC and I'm not the idiot... biggrin.giftongue.gif it takes a while to get the reply. My guess is it's making the rounds through QC and they have to make sure I'm not seeing things.

Sorry about the delay, just got back from big show in Reno smile.gif , no time to check emails.

quote:

Boy do I wish I had X2 MR1

The only thing I know that needs MR1 is UGRead, everything else should work.

quote:

I select a solid face, it hesitates for a few seconds, then kicks me out of Mastercam. I get the Mastercam error reporting box.

MBD doesn’t support Solids yet. We are waiting on CNC to give us the face IDs so we can assign tolerances to the faces.

MBD should work with Surfaces and wireframe geometry. The Catia V5 Read from Moldplus will support FTA to MBD next month.

Ernie

James is correct.

Model Based Definition is needed for CAM, mainly Computer-Aided Inspection, also the key component to the elimination of paper drawings.

This saves time and trees. biggrin.gif

MBD is a digital model with associated GD&T and other manufacturing details.

Boeing calls it Model Based Definition (MBD)

Catia calls it Functional Tolerance & Annotation (FTA)

Verisurf is using the Boeing terminology (MBD)

Ernie

• 1 month later...