Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New PointCloud chook for Mastercam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the icon in the Icon folder on the FTP a little crude but I assigned a toolbar button to it. I would just like to be able to use solid holes verses having to use surfaces is all, but if ti is abig deal I understand beggers can not be choosey.

Yeah I know not spelled right folks but oh well you get my point.

Thanks for the Chook.

[ 06-15-2005, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok this ones for Ernie,or anyone else who might be able to help.

My boss bought a cnc machine with a digitizer on it.He says we should be able to create a surface from the geometry we get from the machine..Any clue on how this is done??????????

Can i just use mastercam and turn the lines into surfaces or is there another software i have to use to create the surfaces. I dont know anything on this subject and cant seem to find any help on the subject,except when someone said i should be talking to u..

Hello,

We have a powerful Pointcloud chook that we sell for Mastercam V9.1, this tool can create surfaces from random points.

If you already have even spline data then you may not need a Pointcloud tool, Mastercam already has lots of surfacing tools for creating surfaces from spline data.

BTW, We have a much more powerful Pointcloud tool for X2 coming soon, this tool will be able to handle millions of points.

Ernie

ERNIE,

I can't get on the website would you care to send it to me please I would love to try the program out. My email also catches the exe files. I have Geomagic software but would like to try it straight from mastercam.

thanks,

Jeff smith

• 1 month later...