Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New PointCloud chook for Mastercam

If you ever wanted to create a surface from a pointcloud? Then I have a tool for you.

You will be amazed biggrin.gif

It does filtering, triangle meshing, color maping and surfacing.

I would like to offer this new PointCloud surfacing tool to all you Mastercam folks.

Downlo3.gif

You may download and install this chook; it also installs some sample PointCloud MC9 files into your Mill/MC9 folder to play with.

PointCloud91.exe

It is Beta so there is no cost at this time.

Please let me know what you think and send me any cool pointcloud samples you may come across.

I will be at Westec next week showing some of this cool stuff.

Ernie Husted

Verisurf Software, Inc.

www.verisurf.com

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ernie,

This Chook looks real nice!

I would like to try it but I am having a problem. When I try to run the chook, it prompts with an error message:

---------------------------------

Error: C-hook not found

C:mcam9chookspointcloud.dll

----------------------------------

I just installed it and tried to run it. I am on MR0304(2000pro) now and I will try MR0105 tonight.

Thanks,

Mike

quote:

Can't wait to try it! I just finished a job this week making a topographic model with coons surfaces from a grid 38" x 68" overall and .300" grid spacing...took 12 hours of patching. This'll really help down the road.

steve teh carpal tunneled

steve f, I recently discovered how to use the surface loft function to get similar results as coons surface on a topographical part. Breaking the splines at the larger curves from one end of the part to the other and then using the "sync by entity" option in the loft command. It eliminated over half the time it was taking me to surface a four inch square part surface. It did take me a bit of time to learn the technique, but it works much faster and easier to make changes in detailed areas.

Can't wait to try the new chook Ernie. We've been looking for an alternative to the REV Quick chook.

Last I checked, the Geomagic stuff cost around 30 grand a seat. Way too pricey for my tiny budget.

Richard smile.gif