Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A feature wish for X...

Stop Stop every time someone gives CNC a new idea they try to incorporate it into X, this pushes the release farther out. Next time anyone has a new feature request make sure that you say New Feature for X.1 or XI this should help speed up the release of X.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• 2 weeks later...

I use MC wire and there are a lot of wishes for the next version..

* They could take a serious look at the Agievision control. There are a lot of great things to "steal" there that would be wonderful to be able to use on other controls. Strategies (early/late), lotto, teccut etc.

* It would be nice if there was a fast and easy way to get the cuts in the correct order when making a complex part with different types of cuts. The rough cuts first, then the tabs and finally the skims..

* 4 axis nocore

* Automatic z-axis rise on tab and skimcuts.

* Better interface for AGIE programming. The agievision c-hook is not very good..

And more...

I agree with you mt. Agievision sets the standard for control of wire EDM. Although it is unique to Agie machines, a Mastercam interface with similar stategies (i.e. an improved/expanded Agievision C-Hook) would allow the benefits to be enjoyed by users of other machines.

Waiting for version XXVI............

Coming from a long time CAD environment I already have an ideas list a mile long, but as said, I think I'll save it for X.1 or maybe even XI...

Thinking about stuff like, taking your machined product and subtracting the original model. Then you can see exactly where you couldn't get your tools in.

Custom stock (But I hear that is in X)

Arcs in full 4th axis

When removing drive surfaces, Highlight all the drive surfaces and allow me to un-highlight them.

All me to enter negative stock to leave in all operations.

Check surfaces in surface rough pocket.

Helix ramp cuts in surface finish contour.

Stock to leave in finish operations (positive and negative)

Independant stock to leave in XY and Z surfaces

I'm not going to comment on restmilling.

Time estimate tuning percentage (per axis)

To name but a few...

quote:

Thinking about stuff like, taking your machined product and subtracting the original model. Then you can see exactly where you couldn't get your tools in.

The feature already exists. Create an STL file from your model and then in Verify, check Compare to STL. wink.gif

Thad teh can't argue with the rest