Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Who wants another service pack to be released before MR1?

Yogesh K. Raman

Yep. I too have maintenance, but still feel strongly that until a stable release is out there for everybody, a maintenance release shouldn't be available. Fix the problems before concentrating on product enhancments.

At the very least, there should be a service pack distributed at the same time as a maintenance release.

At this stage in the game it sounds dangerous and counterproductive to split the userbase into two versions...maintenance and non-maintenance.

Just my opinion.

Paul

This is a very simple issue (or should be).

If CNC Software cares about ALL of it's customers, ALL bug fixes will be provided for ALL users at the same time.

There seems to be a game being played like "how can we scare up more maintenance contributions"

MR's need to be for value added functionality

ALL BUGS NEED TO BE FIXED ASAP FOR ALL USERS.

I am furious about this game and we currently have maintenance. I have a pretty good idea how the non maintenance crowd feels.

As usual people are blowing this way out of proportion. Did you read Doug's reply?

quote:

It's not our policy to try to force a customer into purchaing a maintenance contract by withholding bug fixes.

They didn't get such a large customer base by screwing over people.

Chill out. you will get bug fixes when they become available.

I work for a Mastercam reseller so take this for what you think it is worth. I have used other CAD/CAM packages in the past. With those packages if you were not on maintenance you received squat, nada, nothing, basically they didn't have time to talk to you until you have a check in their hand. That included tech support not just software patches. For so many years Mastercam was the lone holdout of not charging maintenance when everyone else was, now they have adopted the industry standard of adopting a maintenance program. Then they go above and beyond what the rest of the industry does and release patches for non maintenance customers, because the do care about all of thier customers.

JM2C

I worked for a shop that had 15 seats of unicrapics, ON Maintenance at 5000 a year per seat, AND were just down the street from their world headquarters and they treated us like we didn't exist.

That's why I'm on MasterCam. Those guys have been on top of every single problem I've had since installing X.

We had a software package here that ran on a

network license server.

The server died and we needed new codes.

No maintenace/no codes.

Been off maintenace for 5 years??

You pay 5 years maintenace plus penalties.

That's more that the software cost new??

OK, maybe it would be cheaper to buy a new seat. We'll be happy to sell you one.

curse.gifcurse.gif

[ 09-30-2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

I heard bug fixes will be released for non maintenance for X. Which I'm all for. BUT if you look at the release history for 9 I don't have high hopes.

For non maintenance sp2 was released 2 years ago. And a post processor and vb update about a year and half ago.

In that same time there were 8 maintenance releases. Which, fair enough, is what people pay maintenance for; regular feature upgrades. I'll even allow some room for X being worked on in the last year or so.

BUT in the last two years we haven't see ANY non maintenance related bug fixes that would have been rolled up in maintenance.

Bryan smile.gif