Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

automatic tool renumbering ...

RandleXX

Is there any way to turn this stupid feature off?

When I pick tool# 111 from my library, I need it to stay tool #111 no mater how many groups, offsets, veiws, ect.

This auto renumber feature is one of the most stupidest things MC has ever done.

Why the F@%K change the tool # but leave height and dia. offset numbers the same.

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR xxxx MASTERCAM!!!!!

Flame me if you must, but you know the truth......

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

[ 10-14-2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: RandleXX ]

OMG..You guys rock.

Thad,i'm very proud of ya! wink.gif

That smurfcam's looking better and better huh Ran??? biggrin.gif

LOL

John,ROLMFAO

Alright,I really feel bad for you so this might be able to help you with your current problem.. clicky

Mayhaps a public apology to the great folks at cnc software would be a good start... rolleyes.gif

[ 10-17-2005, 05:47 AM: Message edited by: Brendan P ]

I just cant figure out why Randle is having such difficulty getting his problems solved here? I dont think anyone even flamed him, although Thad did say "a$$hole" biggrin.gif

quote:

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR xxxx MASTERCAM!!!!!

quote:

OK, THATS IT!!!

Tell me how to rurn it OFF!, or I will kick your butt!!!

quote:

SCREW YOU GUYS!!!

You probably don't enven now how to fix it...

I will just figure it out myself......

Good luck Randle, a little kindness goes along ways here, and I dont think anyone is seeing any improvement in you since the last time you DEMANDED help!

hopefully you will figure it out before you have to....

Do the renumbering system again!

cheers.gif

RandleXX, as stupid as you may think that feature is, it is a lifesaver for others. Why change the tool # and not the H and D offsets? Well there are as many answers for that as there are machines, controllers, toolsetters, pallet pools, robots, off line presetters, etc... Just because something may not apply to your place of business does not mean that it does not have widespread application. The vast majority of machine tools sold have carousel or umbrella type toolchangers so renumbering the tools as they come in is really the only option, every job requires that all tools be removed and new job specific tools be inserted and picked up. There are some really quite simple changes you can make so Mastercam will do what you want. I suggest a call to your dealer and maybe some training may be just the ticket to get you up and running.

HTH