Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

money again

Elad

so, now multi axis costs more money+the maintanance i pay every year+the price of the software (twice then every other software there is in the market). it means that if i need solid+level 3+multi axis+maintanence every year i can't afford it.

You wont belive how much pressure i get from the

competitors.

MC changed our factory.

since we have it we are able to do better and more complicated parts.i love MC and i can't think about other software.but...

THERE IS A LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

we are not supposes to discuss money here but

$V9_L3 = $X_L3 + $X_Multiaxis

It cost the same to buy X_L3 with mulitaxis

as its use to cost to buy V9_L3.

In the past V9_L3 users were forced to buy muliaxis whether they wanted it or not, now

you only pay for multiaxis if you need it.

My maintenance charges for X are the same as they were for V9, the bill is just itemized now.

[ 01-09-2006, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

elad,

Yes

X_L3 cost less than V9_L3. ( about 35% less)

V9 buyers paid for multiaxis whether they wanted it or not.

Multiaxis is an option now. If you don't need it you don't buy it.

As I said in an earlier post, if you had V9_L3

on maintenance last summer, you've already got X multiaxis.

If you weren't on maintenance.......

frown.gif

This is how I understand it.. If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.

If you owned V9_L3 and were on maintenance when

X came out you are grandfathered into X multiaxis.

You will never loose that functionality.

You never loose what you had when your maintenance expired. If you were at X_MR1 with grandfathered multiaxis and you quit paying mainteance, you will always have X_MR1 with multiaxis.

If you want to buy X2 or X3 2 years from now and you've let maintenance lapse, you'll have to pay for multiaxis when you upgrade. If you've kept maintenance, you won't

quote:

the price of the software (twice then every other software there is in the market

I can buy 5 seats of X_L3 with multiaxis

for the price of 1 seat of Catia V5

I can keep 12 full seats of Mastercam X on maintenance for the price of 1 seat of Catia V5 maintenance. If you let your Catia maintenance slide for 3 months you can't buy it back.

You have to repurchase the software at full price

eek.gif

I agree, paying maintenance suxs, but X is a bargain compared to some software.

quote:

You never loose what you had when your maintenance expired.

Sorry gcode that is not true.

We lost the STEP translation in V9 at the begining of the year. We did not renew are maintenance because of the money.

yes I do still have STEP translation in X but opening two windows of X is a big mess. So I try to open a file to look at real quick in V9, but not anymore.

Jody

Which part did I lose you in? That I do not like to open two windows of X?

If I am working on something in X, I dont like to interupt that window to view a part for 5 minutes. I like to open it in a different window of something. I geuss I dont lose my train of thought if I dont close the part that I am working as fast as if i did close the part that I am working on. Before X I would be working in mill 9 and open somthing to view for a few minutes in design 9.

does that make it clear as mud smile.gif

Jody

teh I know what I mean I just cant type it. biggrin.gif

i can buy 3 seats of solidcan and 3 seats of cimatron with the price of 1 mastercam.

don't compare mc to catia.

I have 2 seats of mastercam and i need another one but 3 seats with maintanence for this 3 seats become a lot of money.i feel that somtimes CNC forget that Israel IS NOT U.S.A!

what did i really get from MC inthe last 2 years??

ok, i had few releses of service packs and i waited more then 2 years for X (2 years for a really bad and slow version of mastercam,but we discussed it before).

Don't take me wrong.Mastercam is a part of my life.i work with it 12-14 hours a day and i teach it too, but the price is just to much!

my local dealer is a very close friend and in the last 3 years he is my guide and he teached me a lot about programing and post and technology.but we're going to talk.i am not sure i will be able to keep my maintanence! frown.gif

quote:

In X having multi sessions open is much better than V9 it does not use 100% cpu like 9 did.

David,

The cpu usage was like that all along, just open the Ops Manager in 7,8,9 and the 100% cpu usage goes back down. One session or two didn't matter as long as you left the op manager open it would go back down. This was really never working correctly all along.