Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suggestion for Version X

Guest SAMCRO

Seriously, when installing V.X it would make an appreciable difference if all folders would allow

write access to all folders such as materials.default and tools.default etc. etc.

In Window XP when I've installed X and any upgrade or varient I've had to get the IT guy to unlock. It gets annoying when I have to call him and say "hey, I forgot to get you to unlock....".

quote:

16) After doing "File -> New" , data/file paths reset to what is configured instead of where the last files were opened from.

On your file open window, the very last button on the right, click that and click use default directories.

quote:

On your file open window, the very last button on the right, click that and click use default directories.

That option isn't available in the standard Windows file open dialog box. I guess I have to consider using the Mastercam dialog box instead...

clickity, click, click, clickity, click, click...

Well, I considerd long enough. I use more features in the Windows dialog than I would use in the Mastercam dialog.

Looks like I live with the sticky data paths for now. :-/

[ 05-02-2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Bob Heininger ]

• Like 2

I would like the Xform Move, Copy, & Join selection to replace the OK(checkmark) and apply(circle-plus) buttons. One less click, & we won't get the wrong, & not able to undo, feature. (Yes, It's my fault for being to lazy to properly select) Thank you

McamX MR1

quote:

Trochoidal cutting as an option to cut a slot. For example, cutting a slot through material. That would be a GREAT feature to add.

Agreed.

I'd like to see one dialog box for change program number, change nc filename, renumber tools, and renumber work offsets.

Adding op manager type organization to the view manager so that multiple operations could have their own custom views/wcs settings hidden as needed. It can get to be a long cluttered list now.

Peter Martin

mcam 3... - x - mill level 3

Senior Programmer/Milling Supervisor

Preci Mfg.

400 Weaver St. Winooski VT 05468

email [email protected]

Thad,

It's not that I don't like the mouse clicks, it's that when I want to pick chain, I have to pick the drop down arrow, then pick chain, next time I want to window, I go the the drop down, pick window. If all the icons were visible, like in a toolbar, if I wanted chain, pick chain icon, if I wanted window, pick window icon, if I wanted area, pick area icon. But I also understand that you can't do that with everything because of the obvious reason of there would be no room to draw if all the icons were visible.

Bryon,

Try this. Leave the selection type at the default (it'll auto-select window, single, etc as you move the mouse around.) If you need a window, you're already there. If you need a single entity, you're already there. If you need a chain, hold the shift key down and click the chain. If you need a partial chain, hold the shift key down and click the first, then the last entity. This covers all of my selection needs except for chains with multiple branch points. I never use Vector or the other selection types. They're neat, but I don't have a real need for them.

Have you ever been in a situation where you have to select a surface, for example, and you have to exit out of the function first because your selection type is currently set to chain? By leaving the default selection type alone, I have yet to have any problems. I can always select what I need. wink.gif

Don't know if I told you this before, but I applied at Cambron Engineering about 12 years ago. I grew up in Auburn.

Thad

quote:

and start the RMB hunting

at first you'll hesitate, being unsure quite where it's at but after awhile, you click the RMB and you know how far exactly you have to go to get the function you want.

Much, much better than toolbars IMNSHO

smile.gif

Thanks guys,

I ended up puting those selection options in the RMB and like John said it is just going to take time to remember that they are there.

Thad,

No kidding, I have been here going on 30 years, right out of high school. They have been pretty good to me over the years. Ahh, Auburn, home of the "Corn Festival"

A little different actually Thad.

While I agree that you'll get used to whereever it is with the RMB, you do not have to go to the toolbar, where ever you keep it. With the RMB, the toolbar comes to you.

Like I said in another thread, different strokes

cheers.gif

quote:

Try this. Leave the selection type at the default (it'll auto-select window, single, etc as you move the mouse around.) If you need a window, you're already there. If you need a single entity, you're already there. If you need a chain, hold the shift key down and click the chain. If you need a partial chain, hold the shift key down and click the first, then the last entity. This covers all of my selection needs except for chains with multiple branch points. I never use Vector or the other selection types. They're neat, but I don't have a real need for them.

Have you ever been in a situation where you have to select a surface, for example, and you have to exit out of the function first because your selection type is currently set to chain? By leaving the default selection type alone, I have yet to have any problems. I can always select what I need.

NICE TIP cheers.gif

quote:

Ahh, Auburn, home of the "Corn Festival"

biggrin.gif

I used to live 4 houses north of the park on 9 Mile. We used to walk down every year.

I'll be up for the St. Stan's fest is Bay City (June 23-25). I'll be there on Sat for sure, and hopefully Sun too. I'll be in the beer tent enjoying my favorite kind of music.

Thad teh now...back to your regularly scheduled program biggrin.gif