Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

LOST FILE ON SAVE ERROR

Threept82

Hey,Hey

I had three crashes yesterday one lost the file.

All crash reports were sent in.

I havent had a crash like these in over a month.

(Same files)

The only thing that changed in the scenerio was

I.T. was taking servers down and up all day.

I back up to the network once before I go home.

I work off of my local HD always have.

Local HASP too.

hmmmmm.

Threept82,

Usually saving to the local drive and copying or transfering the file to the server when it's complete helps to eliminate many "crashes" when saving the file. Also using the Autosave feature in V9 would help because you can set the Autosave to only save a file in a local directory and not overwrite whatever you're working on at the time. Call me if you have any questions.

Are you coming in for the Transition to X class on the 17th? There are some really cool features to help protect your files in Mcam X MR2. Project directories, Backup files and Autosave can all be used to help minimize any data loss and run in the background so you would never be interrupted in your work. HTH cheers.gif

• 2 months later...

I've never had this problem.. I've always used Windows Classic interface and turned all the eyecandy off on the Visual Setings page.

Never use the the Mastacm bitmap option either.

I didn't make the connection between these options and Crash on Save till recently.

I just did it to save resources.

I have had this crash while using someone else's

computer and it really suxs frown.gif

quote:

Not at all

Windows stardart does not uses thumbnails

Thumbmails are dependent of GDI ,and bad driver

can cause problems

Incorrect.

The standard Windows File Dialogue allows for the use of Thumbnails, Tiles, Icons, List and Details options.

Incorrect.

The standard Windows File Dialogue allows for the use of Thumbnails, Tiles, Icons, List and Details options.

~~~~~~~~~~~

correct

~~~~~~~~~~

Open CNCreg program, select Windows standart and see yourself

At least for ver9

I suppose it is ver 9 ,cause X was not specified

What are you actually trying to say?

The standard Windows File dialogue is completely independent of any application using it.

It's a simple hook via to the Windows API and it supports the use of thumbnails.

The Mastercam dialogues appear to be customized via class inhertance.

I'm kind of curious about something else when this occurs. How many of you who have experienced this also had Macafee (sp?) virus scan active during installation? Maybe I'll set up a poll asking this question. As all who use computers should know, any virus scan software should be temporarily disabled when installing new software. No matter what the software being installed is. HTH cheers.gif

Ditto on the disable Virus scanning during installs.

McAffee is such a dog that when I did use it I had to disable the On-Acces Scan option in order to do anything.

McAffee is such a resource hog that it isn't worth using anymore.

AVG is superior tool with much lower system overhead.