Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dirty Operations, Again!!

peon

After reading the archives, I have realized that I'm not the only one having a problem with all of my operations going dirty. I have to regenerate several surfacing operations and this is getting ridiculous. banghead.gif I think I finally pinpointed what actually causes this problem, but I don't know how to fix it. If I have two MCX sessions open (different files), and read a new file, it causes the other session to wig out and cause the operations to go dirty. But.... if I close one session, and open a new file, I don't have the problem. Has there been a fix for this problem yet?

this happens to me occasionally too.

example.....

drill_error.jpg

running NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT w/256mb ram.

also dual pent4 3.2ghz w/2.00G ram.

one question just out of curiosity. Not to blame the X+ or anything but has this happened to anyone that wasn't running it? I've also noticed (because of op mgr background color other than white) that sometimes white boxes will contain the operations in the op mgr when moving multiple operations around to resequence. I just wondering if the two situations are related since this doesn't seem to be going on accross the board.

I am still on ver9 .

It can happen in 9 too in some rare occasions .

I am always multisession ,but this happens to me only 1-3 times a year .

IF IT HAPPENS ONCE ,HIGH PROBABILITY IT CAN HAPPEN ON SAME FILE NEXT TIME .

sO i SIMPLY LOCK MY TOOLPATHES AND THAT`S IT .

I have no time to play digging what caused it .

If you lock your toolpath ,at least it will be preserved and you willno waste your time on regeneration each time you open it

I have had this happen in the past, actully I had many problems similar to this, I was running the latest nvidea drivers at the time, I now run driver version 7.7.5.6, and I dont have nearly as many problems, and I do run x+. maybe take a look at what drivers you are running and try using these drivers if you arent already.

Hello gentlemen -

I found a bug in MR2 that caused operations to be marked dirty when multiple instances of Mastercam were running. When multiple instances are being used, the binary NCI file of the second sessions is supposed to be stored in a subfolder in the temp directory. But what happened on occasions was that the temp folder for the second session ended up being the same as the first, so when File / Open of File / New was used in the second session, the operations in the first were essentially deleted.

This bug has been fixed in X2. Does the following situation sound at all similar to what is going on with your part files? As Colin said, if you have any way of successfully duplicating the bug, please send QC an e-mail with the parts and steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

V9 never had the operations go dirty, but running multiple sessions with lots of solids could get you in trouble.

In V9 I used to make a seperate config files,

one using C:temp1 the other using C:|temp2

One session of V9 would use the Temp1 folder, the other Temp2. It took a lillte work to set it up.

seperate config files and desktop icons etc, but it worked. I never had trouble running 2 sessions of V9.

I haven't tried this in MR2, but I suspect a similar sceme would make a good workaround till X2 comes out.

[ 09-15-2006, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]