Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IE-7 and MCX

JBowman

Anyone experiencing glitches using IE-7 Release Candidate with MCX MR2? I installed IE-7 a few weeks ago and I’m getting missing data in the program. I’ve experienced missing toolpaths and z moves (mostly from pocketing). Everything looks fine in backplot and verify but when I post the code I’m missing data.

I haven’t had any problems up until a few weeks ago and the only thing I could think was changed was the installation of IE-7.

IE-7 and UG nx3 = NO NO..

After a freind installed IE7 on his works computer, he could not get UG to work anymore. I eventually tracked it down to a DLL being overwritten by IE7. As of now, we still don't know if this has been fixed by microsoft. I talked my mate into firefox.

Avoid IE7 if you have UG NX3.

Avoid IE at all .

It is one big security hole and patch after patch

not changed a thing

New buffer overflow exploits for IE7 is a bomb ,

that will explode any moment.

Go with Firefox or with Opera .

Just do not go with a browser ,that can access anything in your PC been the dhell same time

I have been running ie7 and media player 11 both since early betas with no problems as far as mcx goes, ymmv. Yes, I know all the horror stories the winnie types like to tell, but like it or not, we will be running ie and media player in one form or another, if we like it or not, since they are both fairly embedded in the operating system. Yes I use firefox also, but am not afraid of Microsoft....

Randy !

Your current approach is the best thing M$ expects

from you now kinda :

No matter how bad our products are you have to use them .

`````````````````````````

Yes, I know all the horror stories the winnie types

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are not horror stories but sad reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

since they are both fairly embedded in the operating system

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fairy embedded is true ,but not an obstacle .

Would you like to use Firefox ,you can use it for everything except may be Windows update ,may be even this I can make through FF .

Make it main browser and go ahead with a raised

head like a man .

That`s what me and Winnie telling you .

``````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes I use firefox also, but am not afraid of Microsoft....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brave man is a rare thing nowadays .

Are you crossing road on the red light too?

lol, Winnie, now rereading my post, I'm sorry if I sounded offensive. I have been and always will be a beta tester at heart. I was running mc3.1 in a window when windows first came out, so I could dnc in the background.

I have run every version of windows when they were beta, etc. And I've always been around others that wanted to stay in the safe zone of whatever the previous software or operating system was, so I get a little defensive when people make out like its a crazy thing to do. I do keep and eye on things, have firewall, antivirus, and adware type tools running and up to date, etc. as you should, but have never been really "hurt" by running betas, and I'm usually the answer man when others finally start running the stuff.

I uninstalled IE-7 and I'm still having problems with the first toolpath in a group. I have a file that no mater how many times I hit regen and then post, the toolpath the file comes up blank. If I hit regen twice then post it gives me the code! headscratch.gif

I would advice you not to use long file names and weird signs like @ {}[] and other

Full file name is name +path

Exporer is a weird thing and it`s support of long

file names is weird too

Why it can matter - temporal file ,nci file name ,libraries and so

You never know what can happen

I met this in Cimatron -they have a lot of

weird things when file name too long .

Maqke file name plus path resonably short ,make full regen and proceed