Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Remote Access

Roger

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think you need another Sim code, because in rality you are runniong your computer at work. I remote all the time from home, but we do not have a nethasp. The other thing to consider is the speed of you internet connection and the speed of your computer at home. There is some serious lag time, if you are doing anything wuth surfaces and solids.

Thanks guys for your answers. Our computer people have already got it set up, but there is a big lag using X2. The computer people are coming on monday to see about getting this problem fixed. We don't have a net hasp here, so that is why I was asking about that. I have DSL at home and at work. My computer at home runs Mastercam Demo just fine, and ver 9 fine.

Any more info out there.

• 1 month later...

:bump:

I also can connect from home, just as if I were sitting at work. The problem is: speed. In V9, the delay between my computer and the one at work wasn't that long. But trying to do the same thing with X, the story differs.

A thought to ponder: Could I download X to my home computer and remotely access only the nethasp? This would yeild a programming delay of zero, and the verify and surface programming would RIP!

quote:

Could I download X to my home computer and remotely access only the nethasp?

Yes you can.. I know people who do this with Catia.

The Solidworks license I use at work in California

physically resides on a computer in Virginia.

There is no reason this can't be done with a

Mastercam nethasp. After all, its only a network address and it makes no difference if the license computer is next door or on the other side of the planet.

The particulars are way beyond my networking talents, but I believe you will need a static IP address for your home ISP. The monthly charges

are higher than the usual floating address

commonly used for residential internet service.

Other than that, its just a matter of your IT guys

giving you the address and allowing you the access to the corporate network.

I Work at home all the time using remote access VPN. Once I connect to the VPN its just like being at work. I can access all of my files on the network as well as lisence servers for Vericut, ProE, and Mastercam. We actually share our licenses with our other facility oversea.

The big requirement for this is the computer at home has to be powerful enough to run the software.

The other option is to use remote access to the computer at work that has mastercam on it. You would have to leave the work computer on when you leave, and performance can be affected by internet speed. Also if your IT people are nervous-nillys like ours they will have a security concern with this method.