Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR1

RandyN

kota STFU. Go get something in which you really understand like a children's book or something I am sure that is above your reading level, but humor us all just crawl back in your shell.

Doing 5 axis Mill/Turn on an Integrex 410 and doing plenty of Boeing work as well as others with Mastercam. Yeah I know you have the better all power or whatever you are using. When you can make intelligent conversation with the rest of us verse being a ignorant arse let us know till then I Will repeat it STFU!!!!

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT THE 3 OTHER TIMES!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nice thing about the Version 9 tutorials is that it taught you Mastercam as you went, not trying to sit and read a whole chapter on something makes it easier on the learner. The tutorials in the V9 books also took the average programmer all the way through full 3D surface machining. This was a great way to teach anyone who was new to Mastercam.

The only thing that might actually be better than a physical book would be some video tutorials with the same lessons from the V9 book.

Some really good example videos covering Surface Rough Pocket, Surface Rough Parallel, Surface Rough Contour and Surface Rough Restmill would be great.

For finishing, Parallel, Flowline, Blend, and contour.

It would be really nice if CNC could find a part that would need multiple toolpath operations to complete (a nice mix of 2D and 3D machining) and multiple setups on a 3 axis mill. Then there could be videos showing how the part is programmed from start to finish. The point of the tutorial would be to show how to create the toolpaths, but it would also highlight some of the other functionality in Mastercam.

Another idea would be to do a V9 to X Transition Video. Take a fairly simple part from V9 and go through the entire part in X showing how you do things differently in X from V9. Things like, Changing colors/levels, Selection options, the new keyboard shortcut commands, ribbon bar shortcuts, the posting process, using the help menu, ect.

That might really help all the people who still haven't upgraded to the latest and greatest.

quote:

Please take a moment to fill out the survey and ask CNC to update the old V9 mill tutorials. These were very well done and extremely useful for training.

A big +1 to that!

Hand the new guy a copy of Demo, the tutorial and tell him to take it home and do them all. It's a great starter for someone learning MC or CAD/CAM for the first time.

Thad

I think that the best tutorial I have ever used is in Solidworks.

Their online tutorial opens in the right 1/4 of the screen leaving Solidworks in the other 3/4. Then as you go through the tutorials in the right you actually complete them step by step in Solidworks. It couldn't be any easier to learn the basics.

I would love to see that kind of tutorial for MCX.