Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bring back Version 9

Trapper Paul

Peter,

It sounds like it was broke in V9 and you got used to it. Now it's fixed and it seems wrong. I'm not faulting you for that. I do it too.

Say you have 2 lines that reside at Z-1. You're in 2D mode and have your Z construction depth set to Z0. You Create-Line Enpoints and select the endpoints of the lines at Z-1. The new line gets created at Z0. Does this seem right to you? Why?

Thad

• 1 month later...

really that must be a hand full.for most people after making the jump do not want to go back and that is from over couple hundred customers of mine.

But if this how you feel. I can not tell you how you should feel, if any thing as like all people you should have your opinion correct.

quote:

Everyone I've talked will take V9 over X

That must get lonely.. wink.gif

X was pretty buggy..

but X2_MR1 is sweet.. I wouldn't go back to V9 for a 25% raise.

Not to worry though.. they will continue to support V9 for 3 or 4 more years.

Even my old school supervisor is coming around to X2.. he actually said X2's WCS and Tool Plane's rocked.. You could have knocked me over with a feather smile.gif

Recently I completly migrated to X2

Took me an effort

V9 for most of simple parts is still faster than

X2

Yet X2 is slowly only a bit

After I customized it ,well ,it is OK for me

But for huge projets ,lots of surfaces ,lots of toolpathes it is definetly better ,has more optiona and more stable .

You simply have no future with V9 ,even if it is better for you.

I do not like x2 concept of interface but I can get with it

In a couple of cases when I have no options to make something in X2 I still has v9 .

I am with you ,brothers and sisters V9 users ,but there is no other way .

You all will migrate to X in a year or two

BR

WOW Alex, you finally migrated huh?

Good for you.

I know you are an exceptional V9 user, in time you will be an exceptional X user as well. Of that I am certain.

cheers.gif

What's this V9 everyone is talking about?

headscratch.gif

Flipper did you get a hold of the seat over at JPL good hope Rob is taking care of you and Steve. Dang I need to Call Don Scudamore tomorrow and see how he is doing. He owes me a COLD one. cheers.gif

Camster1992, I did not thing in any way you were slamming it. I thing you feel it is better because you are use to it like allot of other’s and V9.1 mr105 rocked but so did 8.1.1 and I kicked but with 6.1a for mold making. Then there were good old 4.1 that rocked to for tooling.

It has been along journey for allot of us and glad to see the software and the people growing including me.

I know I will live and breathe MC for years past and years to come; it is the tool of choice for me.

quote:

Flipper did you get a hold of the seat over at JPL good hope Rob is taking care of you and Steve. Dang I need to Call Don Scudamore tomorrow and see how he is doing. He owes me a COLD one.

Yes thank you. That is why I am pursuing a machine as well. I was also looking into a machine at the time. They mentioned that it is easier to get the funding for the machine and MC then just MC. Check my thread in OT on Machine Purchase. A packaged deal if u will gonna have a few over once I put this together, and put a few cold ones back.