Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any way to view all files in a directory?

DavidSV

This NETHook is not an official CNC Software NETHook and as such there is no offical support for it, however feel free to post any issues, questions etc to thread and I shall do my best to help where time allows.

This NETHook essentially mimics V9's file browse feature, you select a folder that contains MCX files and they are opened in Mastercam one at a time with

a 2 second delay, you can pause or exit the NETHook at any time. Dialog positions are saved from the previous session.

Place the ft file in your CHooks folder, create a folder call FileBrowse below your CHooks folder and copy the DLL there, you can add a toolbar button

to Mastercam for this NETHook via the customize menu and select NETHook from the catagory.

You should have a folder structure as shown below:

Mastercam XCHooksFileBrowser.ft

Mastercam XCHooksFileBrowseFileBrowse.dll

Enjoy.

The NETHook was compiled and tested under X2-MR1.

File:

http://www.seidr.net/downloads/FileBrowse.zip

Screenshot: filebrowse.jpg

quote:

I remember in CNCreg.exe there was a Mc viewer and you had to register ALT.dll and MCVIEW2.DLL in CNCreg.exe file in v-9, this let you use quick view in windows( view the bitmap) I don't know if it works for X if it does I think it is control panel X settings.

The ability to view mastercam part files and descriptions has been available since version 8. Simply right click on the file in Windows Explorer and select "Properties" from the menu. Select the "Preview" tab to display the part file. Or, the "Descriptor" tab to display the part descriptor.

quote:

I'm curious why some people put their chooks in a separate folder in the chooks directory. Just personal preference?

Having a separate folder for a NETHook helps to keep file management simple, nothing worse than having multiple support files, assemblies etc all dumped in the CHooks folder, moreover it allows for side by side deployment of the same NETHook when using different versions of the same assemblies.