Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mcam crash after update

Programinator

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

We're looking into this issue, but we could use some information from users affected by this problem:

- What operating system are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

- Is anyone using command line switches in the shortcut when starting Mastercam? If so, what are they?

- What versions of Mastercam do you have installed?

- When you installed Mastercam X2 MR2, did you migrate from X2 MR1?

- Please send [email protected] the following two files: C:WINDOWSSoftwareDistributionReportingEvents.log and C:WindowsWindowsUpdate.log. Title the email something along the lines of "Windows update crash."

Thanks in advance.

[ 11-15-2007, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bell, CNC Software ]

Chris,

My home machine is x64.

It currently has only X2_MR2 installed.

In the past its had MR1 and various MR2 betas

installed side by side.

I uninstalled MR1 when the public release

on MR2 came out.

I did not clean my registery

The latest MS update was installed during shutdown

Wensday evening and MR2 is running fine.

here is a possible solution:

I ran abexo reg cleaner when i has issues

uninstalling and reinstalling MC software

(i use the free version)

First run the reg backup utility 1st

Run it after the uninstall a few times to make sure it cleans the reg well.

I only had to use it once and all was fixed.

Thanks to Jack Neelands for the tip

both mr2 and sp1 running smooth at home side by

side now

BTW I have all winblows updates with no issues yet

I'm still having mr2 problems, too, after I got rid of my migrated config files (per the suggestions from another thread). Weird stuff like in my ops manager when I click on various operations the operation names will change to the names of other operations (normally just switching numbers as I name them sequentially). So I jumped back to X2 SP1 as I'm busy.

From this thread it looks like maybe I need to completely unistall mr2, wipe everything clean, and then start totally fresh.

Thaks for all the banter because I really do want to move up to mr2 sometime soon. smile.gif

Well I am on the same boat, I even did all uninstall and install the mr2 but I have the same problem. I have this problem in office computer but my home computer working ok with mr2.

There should be some quick solution of this problem unless some body gonna loose their job due to this problem.

Thanks

Reposting this because I have received 0 responses:

Hi guys,

We're looking into this issue, but we could use some information from users affected by this problem:

- What operating system are you using? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

- Is anyone using command line switches in the shortcut when starting Mastercam? If so, what are they?

- What versions of Mastercam do you have installed?

- When you installed Mastercam X2 MR2, did you migrate from X2 MR1?

- Please send [email protected] the following two files: C:WINDOWSSoftwareDistributionReportingEvents.log and C:WindowsWindowsUpdate.log. Title the email something along the lines of "Windows update crash."

Thanks in advance.

Hey Chris

I was running X2-MR2 with patches 1 and 2 on a newer Dell System, with NVIDIA GS 7900 Video card on a NetHasp with Switches we use the S, M3, D and or L1

I spoke to our rep when my system failed and he informed me that I would have to unInstall the Latest Microsoft Security update and Mastercam, Download X2 Mr2 and reinstall, I also set my auto update option to Notify when updates available no download or install until I chose to.

Thanks

Kennebec

I have gotten this error also, a while ago.."Unhandled Exception occurred - Mastercam execution halted." (wouldn't open) I don't remember if it was after or before an update. After trying most all the above. curse.gif I changed my video card settings to something besides Solid Works.. MCX2 MR2 opened? I don't have a clue why that worked. Then I changed the card settings back to solidworks with MCX2 running. Has worked fine since. confused.gif

I still have the problem with Mr2 and now I have the same problem with home computer .

Did this problem is solved for the guys who have this problem? Since last couple of days I am running mr1 and I need the advice of you guys that If I unistall mr1 and put mr2 only than is there chance it will work. I am thinking I may have problem because of mr1 also on the same machine.

Please advice

Thanks