Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Mill suggestions and improvements

Redfire427

@Cannon

It is already possible to do this. In your chainning window, click on the small blue arrows on the top left corner of the window to expand it. You should have the control to change the starting point as well as the end point and also the dynamic start point option that will become available.

HTH

I am fairly new to MasterCAM, about 1.5 years. So, if there are things I don’t know, please pardon my ignorance and help me learn. I have just reviewed this entire thread and the following quotes I fully agree with since these are topics that I have experience with:

Q

“I would love to be able to set my speed and feeds like the cutting tool manufactures present it. ie SFM and IPT vs RPM and FPM”

Also, I would like tools to have a material table per tool so that different speeds and feeds would apply depending on what material is selected. Can this be done now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Q

“I'd like to see a 'lock speed and feed' switch. So that tweeked operations don't get reset when adjusting a tool definition.”

I think there should be an “update S&F from tool” button or a global update, not a forced global update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Q

“In pocket there is a way to change your speed and feed for the finish pass. Awsome!

It would be nice to have the choice for the last depth as well. The same choice could be usefull with contour as well.”

I would like to see Finish Pass (and the ability to change F&S) in Face & Contour tool paths

Q

“Add a double angle chamfering tool into the tool list and be able to select chamfering with the upper or lower edge.”

YES!!!!

Q

“ability to change feed rates "anywhere" where a finish cut is available. multipass, depth, etc. etc.

let me take a finish cut on the walls AND floor in contour in one process.......”

YES.

Q

“reverse depth cuts for undercutting things would be way nice... “

Yes, I just had this issue a few weeks ago doing an underside counter bore with a T-Slot cutter

Q

“Allow me to make a facemill 90 degrees with a radius without giving me a big red X :/ So many different types of facemills out there and the interface for facemills is horrid.”

Yes, makes lots of sense

I would also like to see:

1) A table within the control definition that would translate work offset number 1 to display G54 or whatever. It’s totally annoying to not see the actual work offset value and stating “1” on the setup documentation is also confusing.

2) Rough, Finish and “Spring” pass control in contour

Thanks,

Dave

1. FIX THE BUGS.

2. Pocket toolpaths have an option in the finishing section that allows modifying the speed and feed for the finishing pass only. Incorporate that into ALL 2D toolpaths (contour, etc...). That would allow me to quickly rough out the contour and get a nice accurate finish with only one toolpath.

I would also like the ability to use a thread mill toolpath on non-circular shapes. On occasion I need to machine tapered irregular shaped bosses and a tapered threadmill toolpath would make quick work of roughing it out. I guess adding a taper or draft value to the ramp toolpath would accomplish the same thing.