Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Maintenance Worth while

ATG

i tell ya thats a tough one. been trying to justify it myself but fact is.

if you are satisfied with the product now and do not expect to grow-expand or otherwise change i do not think it would be worth while.

BUT i do not plan on staying in one place, too many things tend to pass by (can you say oportunity?).

quote:

throw in some training when you renew your maintenance

our dealer offeres classes at substantially reduced rates to all maintenance customers...

doesn't do much good if you can't talk the boss into letting you go though frown.gif

It would make sense to have a "version update" class be free to attend for all maintenance customers. I don't mean a hands on at the computer class, but more of a presentation with Q&A and a chance to go up and try a few things out at the end. Have a schedule to go over Mill 1 stuff at this time, Mill 3 stuff at that time, Wire stuff at another time etc. That way people can show up for what they're interested in. It would double as an opportunity to meet and greet, entice people with upgrades, and maybe show some third party accessories. Chances are it would pay off well all around.

Maintenance is worth while. Each new release may seam insignificant, until you are 3-4 or more behind. Look at all the improvements over the last few years. For us one of the main reasons is current translators. Many of our customers use Solidworks and others and having up to date translators is a must. In my opinion the cost of maintenance is worth it. I know I have spent more on dumber sh@t.