Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Free Scientific Calculator

strabe

quote:

Cool, it even has RPN as a real calculator should have. ( HP fan )

There's someone other than me who likes RPN! And I thought I was the only one. biggrin.gif

No-one else at the shop here can understand why I like it like I do. Keeps people from borrowing my calculator though!! biggrin.gif And when a new guy askes to bororrow it, I have to admit, that it does give me a bit of enjoyment seeing the frustration build in their faces as they can't figure out why it won't work for them. bonk.gif

HP48GX at work HP48G at home and lovin' it. cheers.gif

Rick

quote:

No-one else at the shop here can understand why I like it like I do. Keeps people from borrowing my calculator though!

Been using HP RPN calulators since the 70's

Curretly using HP33s.. I probaly use only 5%

of its capabilities..

Once you're use to RPN, nothing else will do..

and your calulator is alway right where you left it smile.gif

I rememebr my dad bring home a calculator from the office in the mid 60's. It could add, subtract

miltiply and divide. It was a little bigger than a paper back book, cost $600 ( that was SERIOUS

money then) and he had to sign it out to take it out of the office.

Cool link too smile.gif

RPN = reverse polish notation

I have a pair of HP41cv's one right here on my desk and another one whereever I left it in the shop. NO one in the shop has a CLUE how to use it. They don't even TRY any more.

Snerk...

The full nut in the office has a financial, machine , math and advantage module in it.

The other is a half nut.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my 1st HP calculator at a garage sale about 9 yrs ago. It was an HP11c in perfect condition and it came with the cover and book. They were asking $5 and I "took it off their hands" for $3. A friend of mine collects calculators (that's right Jeff...that's a nerd thing to do) and he gave me an HP48g for my birthday. When I left that shop I gave him the HP11c. I'm not near smart enough to figure out everything this calculator will do (or to collect calculators for that matter) but it's too hard to go back to working the regular ones!