Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No guts no glory........

Hardmill

So who did the side by side install

and who overwrote X2 (like me) ??

I have yet to come across any problems.

This of course is one of the first of probably

12-15 workstations.

Ive personally never been a fan of side by side

installs. Just my personal preference biggrin.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

Overwrite- Had a few problems with external chooks like verisurf, machsim, etc. Got the updated versions and it's runnin smooth now. I backed up my config files, etc., in case I had to re vert but it's looking good. I never have liked having side by side installs, either. Seems like it never runs right until you get the old version uninstalled.

I done side by side in my office and the Mill PC out on the floor. No problems with my workstation, but the mill pc out on the shop floor is about to pi$$ me off!!!

I think I will do standalone install when I do the lathe and wire edm workstations. I am also going to do an uninstall-reinstall on the mill station.

If you have moldplus, translators, etc. its best to do a side by side so you have access to these things until updates come out, so thats what I usually do. I would assume there should be less problems with a fresh install over an upgrade anyway.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have to do a side by side because right now I have a turn0key project going and our Contract Programmer does not have X3 yet... the second he does t hough... X2... buh bye! You were good but X3 is better.