Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3

cnc@gci

The verify is much faster in X3, but I'm not impressed with the rest of the package. Crunch times have not been improved AT ALL and we have a few new bugs that weren't present in X2MR2. It might be wise to wait for the first service pack for X3 before you install. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but that is my honest opinion.

X3 is fine I've been programming in it for months.

However IMO, if you're "really" worried about moving up, maybe you shouldn't.

Just one man's personal opinion

I always dive into the next release with unabandoned exuberance.

quote:

I think CNC Software is shooting for a mid October

service pack release

An October surprise? biggrin.gif

I have not installed X3 yet. At my last job, I was the "MC administrator." I installed/updated all 7 seats of MC. I could afford to investigate and solve problems back then because all machinists programmed and ran their own programs. Where I work now, I'm the only one and can't afford the down time, especially with the dwindling support here at the forum. frown.gif I'll wait for SP1.

Thad

I installed it at home, spend about 1 hour going through "whats new" PDF just to confirm that there are bug's there too, but did not have any crash's. So I installed it at work, and have been running it for a couple of weeks without big problems.

I do not make my boss pay maintenance for then sitting waiting months for SP5 release, and if things go's bad, pop in the X2 disk.

One thing to consider, if you have older computers you may have to update the computers and/or windows to get X3 to run on them.

We updated right away, and the guys in the shop were still on X2 and now they can't open the files unless we save them out as X2 files.

Looking back on the decision to update right away, I would have waited. There is nothing great about X3, and if it is going to cause other problems it is not worth it. Another disapointing mcam release.