Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Colors settings

Reverend Turk

My selected color turns white and I don't use white for anything else.I have a Alt-S set up for shade model and I have Alt-A set up for shading translucency. That way I can be in a selection mode, hit the hotkeys to toggle back and forth if I need it. Other than that, pretty much out of the box setup for colors.

Hey Turk,

For what its worth...when I import a model I always turn on my EA manager (under the Attributes button) that I have preset to turn all surfaces red and all wireframe green. When I am working in MC, I always work in wireframe mode and not in shaded, so it is easy to see exactly what I am selecting, even on the back side of a part. Selected objects turn white and I have my background set to black. Seems to make selecting easier for these old eyes.

My personal preference is to use a black back ground, and a hot-pink sort of color for pre-selection highlighting, and a bright blue for selected items. I also use ALT-S to switch between shaded and wireframe, but I have that button combo mapped to my Spaceball to make switching back and forth even easier (I switch a lot!)

Turk,

I also find the 'Quick mask' buttons to be a huge help when selecting geometry. For example, say you have a model file open and it has a ton of surfaces, a solid, and wireframe.

You want to select just some of the wireframe and do something with it (change color, level, whatever). Go to the quick mask button for 'Wireframe' and right click to set the "Only" selection mode.

Now when you move your cursor over the geometry, only the wireframe will auto-highlight. The surfaces and solid faces don't get in your way anymore...

HTH,

The way I do it is I make my wire frame black and the model what ever colour, I don't work with surfaces I just have a wire frame and a solid. When I select my wire frame it turns yellow so I am very clear what I am choosing.

That's what works for me, it kinda looks like a file from solid works.

HTH

quote:

It is always a pain when I am trying to select wireframe and auto highlight keeps hilighting solid faces, surfaces etc......

I create wirefraem only where I need it..

When chaining wireframe with solids that

are visible, just hit "ALT S" to unshade the solid..surfaces wonn't highlight when they are unshaded

[ 09-22-2008, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Ok, I set my background from to blue to black and am working on changing the selcted entities.

I thought somewher there was a "revert back to original" button for the colors but I can't seem to find that.

Also, when I go to the Settings/Config/Cad and turn on the attribute manager, set my attributes and save it, all of that disapperas when I open a new file. I can go back and it is no longer checked and my colors set...what is happening?

if i understand your problem - i've had a similar problem with another program. it did allow me to save my changes and worked as i set them. the problem was that the changes didn't stick to other files or sessions. i had to log in as an administrator and change my user profile to have modify permissions.

I like using Blank Entity and Un-Blank Entity. I go to Blank Entity, select all, solids and it hides my solids and I'm left with just the wire frame. I also will use this when Mastercam is grabbing more geometry than I want when I am chaining. Just blank the entity do your chain then un blank it after.