Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Who knows about toolpaths for solids?

dgoering - DEPCO LLC

Still working on the damn CO2 car, and I am trying to create Rough Parallel, a Finish Contour, and a Finish Parallel toolpath (in that order) on the front side of the stock. I've tried to create these toolpaths, but I'm 100% sure they are not correct. Does anyone have tips for creating solid toolpaths, or have experience desiging CO2 cars in Mastercam?

confused.gif

P.S. - I'm using Mastercam X2 MR2

quote:

I've tried to create these toolpaths, but I'm 100% sure they are not correct.

What makes you say that?

I wouldn't use Surface Rough Parallel. Try Surface Rough Pocket.

quote:

...or have experience desiging CO2 cars in Mastercam?

Did you ever get back to the guys who looked at your file here?

Thad

Ok, so I've changed the retract rate several times in order to prevent tool collisions with the stock during verify. Originall, the Retract was set to 0.05, and now I've got it up to 0.25, but I still get collisions. Is there another way to fixt this, or should I increase the retract again?

And Colin, thanks for advice about the stop tool on collision check box.

What Jimmy says is correct. What you are telling mastercam by setting it to incremental is it is only rising .25 from the LAST cut depth, then moves to the next position. So if you are 2" deep in the part, and the next cut is at .5" its only going up to 1.75 then rapids over to the .5" cut which leads to very bad things....