Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwolf the project blend in V9 is diffrent then in V8.

In V9 use the project Blend 3D and you can use surface edges for a boundry and they do not want to be closed and they do not have to be flat.

Looks alot like a flowline tool path.

the new one is much nicer.

[ 10-22-2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok my $0.02 worth

can we have a new verify.

one that is faster

and lets me output the

result in something usefull

like parasolid.

that way i can use the result

in my cad package to do operation

sheets. it would be a perfect rep

of what was machined smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

stl is rather useless mad.gif

can we get the ati vid card issues fixed?

mine works great but some people have problems

in mastercam with them

ati is here to stay

alot of laptops come with their cards in them.

turning down performance is no fix

all my other apps work great with ati

will they work together with you guys in some way?

thanks cheers.gif

bob

6 months and still going on this thread,lol. Nice job Kathy cheers.gif

We make cutting tools here and MC does everything I need except brew my coffee ( biggrin.gif ) and verify round stock w/ A axis rotation. When prog. a 6fl tapered pipe reamer ( not to use but to manufacture) it would be sweet to see it rotate and show the clearence mills so I know if I went to deep. BUT, It works pretty good for me.

Here's another one - a way the set a default and than turn-off forever redundant Dialog Boxes!!!!

Setup the Operations Manager in a matrix style (like a spreadsheet) as opposed to a folders list. Less Dialog boxes to wade through.

Try to set somthing up like Ideas did - Have a switch to allow users to work either in the (hopefully) new improved interface, or the old archaic familier interface. That way Mastercam can keep the old guys happy (go ahead flame away biggrin.gif ), and us new 'guys' happy!

Bares repeating: True Windows Interface and multiple model files within one Mastercam session. Cut n' Paste, Fly out Toolbars, Open, Save & Saveas,.....

Kathy

Glenn

Conversion of text file to .tl9 file does not work in version9. I called CNC and it is being corrected. Presently, I convert the .txt tool file into .tl8(version 8) and compress version 8 to version 9 tool library. If you have any other method of directly converting .txt tool file to .tl9 file, please update me.

Thanks, cheers.gif

quote:

Also to have the undo work after you do something else, like if you create a line, then go back to main menu, then hit UNDO it doesn't...

Yeah, even if you could undo your last operation after changing menus would be nice. I'm pretty used to only having that 1 undo within the current menu you're in, but I figured as long as I was asking for a change in the undo function, add a couple more just incase biggrin.gif

Here's another small request. In the Operation Manager Display Options, I would like to see Display WCS Name in the list. I use so many different WCS' on some jobs that I can loose track sometimes and not realize it untill I'm at the machine and it's about to (or already has) gouged my part. I use Metacut Utilities for a verification software, but it does not support the wcs feature, so it will look correct on the screen when it's really not.

I could just type in the WCS name in the comments, but I been known to type in 1/4" Ball when the tool I really have selected is a 3/8" Ball redface.gifrolleyes.gif (Which now that I think of it, Display Tool Type would be nice to have on the list as well)

There is also the display tool plane # option, but you can have duplicate tool plane #'s with different x,y,z locations

[ 01-10-2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Hi Jay!

Zero would like to see the 'user name' for the WSC in the Mastercam Operation Manager - and I agree with him 100%! This is something CNC needs to addresss..

speaking of WCS - who out there uses multiple WCS's with different C'plane, T'planes for the same user created WCS? Wouldn't it be simpler just to have a WCS (with unique origin and rotation) for each required zero and heve the cooresponding C/T Planes defult set to 0,0,0 / 0 degrees? This is how I set all mine up!

Hope I've explained what I am trying to say ok!

Kathy

quote:

Zero have you turned on Output Names & Comments in NCI

I'm glad you asked... I started using that and somehow forgot about it.

Kathy's right though, in the opertions manager, if you right click and select display options, there's a few things you can turn on and off. I would like to see wcs name and the tool name added to this list, so with a quick glance at the operation manager I know that all my wcs' and tools are correct.

How about a "level manager".............that we could step through each level...........to find out what's on each level.........change level's color.....basically do a "layer walk" like mechanical desktop(AutoCad).Just a little suggestion from someone strolling by.

confused.gif

cheers.gif