Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In V10 I want a toolbar that will torture engineers when they ask me questions like:

"Why can't that machine put a square corner in that pocket? " or "You can't drill that from the bottom?" or "I can draw it, why can't you make it?" or "That's not how...

sorry got a little carried away biggrin.gif

For my V10, the only thing I would like to see is a better cut strategy for parallel toolpaths, ie...: The new flowline is OK, but it is still not there. You (user) should be able to define a constant scallop &/or have the ability to keep the method we have to use now. OTHER softwares do it and I have seen it work very well. And one more thing, fix the WCS. For those at CNC listening, I am still having the problem that Jay(cadcam) and I found and it is not computer specific. I want go into detail here. It would take too long, but it is still there.

DangBubba00

!!! I see now what you mean - I didn't realize that is what that option does! And, I tried the select by view, so I can varify that my operations are assigned to the correct view...

Neat

(you guys had better not start with old dogs, new tricks...)

Thanks, Kathy

Now if the operation import (tool #'s), tool re-numbering, edit common parameters would work; eliminate excessive mouse clicks and redundant dialog box error messages... cool.gif

My wish list - as I am coding things this afternoon, Cut and Paste ability form one active file to another active file. True windows multitasking by opening multiple files concurrently.

Before you get too excited James, I suggest to use a routine to lock out the cpu while toolpathing and prevent a hiccup while number crunching or only allow one file to code at a time. Most mature users will on good habit only have one file active during such a vitial step anyway.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

kwolf,

A GUI (Graphical User Interface) Post Builder has been in the works for some time. I also hope it wil be ready for V10.

This is very minor, but the "home position" parameter in lathe should be re-named "index position", since that's what it really refers to.

Boring bars in solid verification should have round shanks.

User defined stock shape for mill without having to screw around with creating an STL file

MODERN GUI!!!!!

and finally..... full beer cooler replenishment support from your local Mastercam dealer

quote:

Clause /Thomas

quote:

too bad i was serious.

I think it would be productive for me. I think it would be fun. It would also transfer some of the more common mouse clicks to the feet.

Can any of you forum members make some kind of adaptor?

I especially like the 'strafe' option...

Seriously though, looking at some of the ways 3D game systems allow the user to interact with the virtual environent might be useful. The needs aren't all that different.