Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be able to create multiple points from an imported text file. Right now I'm trying to change a program per a new revision, it would be great to be able to create points from the original program to see where the differences are.

I don't have the original geometry.

put a switch in the header part of the post testing if the sequence increment of the first operation is set to zero. If it is, turn sequence numbers off.

I think the logic would be (but I haven't tested it lately!!!!!):

if seqinc = 0, omitseq = 1

That way you can turn them off by just setting sequence increment to zero, but you won't be annoyed by a post question each time you post.

Charles:

You can't set seqinc = 0. However, you can set Seq. start = 0. I put this line in the pheader post block of mpfan and it works great if you set Seq. start = 0

if seqno = 0, omitseq = 1

Thanks Charles

How about making the right-mouse-button menu accessable when you are in the Toolpath Operations Manager dialog box. biggrin.gif

Like how the menu is availabe when you are in the Analyze dialog box..

Better yet - make pan & zoom a funtion of the mouse buttons without going thru a menu (kinda like - do I dare compare - MS Office or gasp! Autocad..

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

My wants for V10:

1. A freebie 'view only' package, that can be sent to customers, so they can view, rotate, and maybe analyze files. This would be a great way to improve visual communication, especially when working with remote customers who are not cad-savvy.

2. PLEASE! Someone make some sense out of the color menu! Why would anyone ever think to lay out the colors in a random pattern like that? V6 wasn't that way. Plus, a near-infinite color pallette would be nice for those of us who do a lot of visual modeling.

3. The ability to combine associative and non-associative toolpaths into a single file. In V6 I could cut and paste an NCI file together, even if I had no geometry to go along with it. This was often a tremendous time saver. I'd like to be able to do that still.

4. It should be free. Well, it's worth a try.

quote:

3. The ability to combine associative and non-associative toolpaths into a single file. In V6 I could cut and paste an NCI file together, even if I had no geometry to go along with it. This was often a tremendous time saver. I'd like to be able to do that still.

Mark you can still do this.

Now you are saying that you want to take and move around the ops? to put them in any order and post or may be like I do were I program the top of the part and the bottom is alott like the top so I just copy all my ops from the first side to the next group being the bottom and repick the geo and tool plane and post.

Oh I forgotr V6 compared to what we have now is barbarick (sp?) to work with from my thoughts.

But I did like V6 alot when was out. It worked great.

[ 08-24-2002, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Ever right click in the Operations Manager and go to "Toolpaths" and click on the "Import NCI"?

Based on your rash statement

quote:

I'm guessing not. You have all the power of V6 times about 10. COmparing V6 to V9 is tannamount to comparing a sincle cylinder piece of Farm Eqipment to... say... a Ferrari F-40.

JM2C

- I hope V10 has holder and tool collision detection feature and can divide toolpaths with respect to it into collision free path and collision path. Also the software can recommend a minimum tool height to prevent holder collision.

- Another is turbo mode verifying for 4th axis and more.

- KSR

- A new and fast way for creating and modifying post which doesn't require programming.

- Ability to import & export APT

- ability to divide toolpath with respect to slope angle of toolpath (steep area,shallow area)

Hmmm... Just tried importing NCI to a file without any of the corresponding geometry, and it did exactly what I was asking about. For some reason that didn't work when I'd tried it before. Musta done something wrong the first time, then not bothered to try it again. Thanks James, I'll scratch that one off my list. Now, about it being free...

[ 08-25-2002, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Mark Lovelace ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

... Free.... I'm not sure I'd want it for free, because you generally get what you pay for biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I often forget about features in the software, especially ones that I do not use all the time. Plus it keeps doing more every release. Smethines it takes a somebody asking a question, or somebody "saying" something to jar my memory.

• 1 month later...

smile.gif 1.Faster triangulation for surface shading

tongue.gif 2.Add Pointcloud entity, that can handle millions of points.

cool.gif 3.Add STL entity, to use with solids.

biggrin.gif 4.Add Infomation attributes to all entities,

Name / Datum

Feature type

Form Tolerance +/-

Position Tolerance 1 +/-, Datums(A),(B)

Position Tolerance 2 +/-, Datums(A),(B)

Position Tolerance 3 +/-, Datums(A)

Surface Finsh/Type

Thread size/class/depth

Give me this infomation, and we will change the industrial world.

cheers.gif No more blueprints.

Ernie

-Set the stock as cylinder in job set-up or custom stock...

-To have more options in 2D toolpath when chaining a solid...like dynamic start in chained contour.

-To be able to set some entitys as features...if I put a vise or clamps, that mcam will tell me if crash in it...

-No more limitations in Verify.

-Be able to draw more than one type of holder.