Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ASCII data path Default setting???

crazy^millman

Ron,

This what you are looking for ?

Or are you looking for a data path that is setup for Vericut only ? I'm not sure if I am helping you or not. I couldn't find anything in any of my posts that showed,

405. ASCII data path? c:verisurfdata

I would think you could set the path as shown below to anywhere you wanted.

34jfa09.jpg

quote:

I'm not sure if I am helping you or not. I couldn't find anything in any of my posts that showed,

405. ASCII data path? c:verisurfdata

Jim, I believe you can find this if you open your config file with a text editor. A V9 config, that is. I've never tried it with X or newer.

It looks to me you found what Ron was looking for, unless it was left out of X and added in a later version.

Thad

Ron,

Click on Settings, Click on Configuration as shown below.

2ahxiec.jpg

Then click on Files, Click on Ascii, Click the box to change the path as shown below.

ev2n90.jpg

This is X Demo at home, can't be any different for X2 or X3 I wouldn't think, but I could be wrong and it isn't the same location. Good Luck

C:McamX2-MR2configmcamx.config

code:

MASTERCAM CONFIGURATION FILE

[uNITS]

1. File is metric? n

2. File version? 11.36

3. cfg version? 110

[TOLERANCES]

1000. Text unavailable? 0.00005000

1001. Text unavailable? 0.00010000

1002. Text unavailable? 0.00200000

1003. Text unavailable? 0.00020000

1004. Text unavailable? 0.00100000

1005. Text unavailable? 100.00000000

1006. Text unavailable? 0.00020000

1007. Text unavailable? 0.00100000

1008. Text unavailable? 0.00010000

[FILES]

2007. Text unavailable? y

2008. Text unavailable? n

2009. Text unavailable? n

2010. Text unavailable? y

2011. Text unavailable? 10

2012. Block library? routertoolssample.hd9

2101. ASCII files? c:mcamx2-mr2DATA #<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2102. Batch files (BCH)? c:mcamx2-mr2BATCH

2103. CADL files (CDL)? c:mcamx2-mr2DATA

Ron,

Since X's import of ASCII files is different from V9, I'm curious to know why you need that folder.

In V9, every CAD file importer had it's own File/Convert/... menu selection and thus, it's own dialog which we could populate with the folder for that particular file type.

In X, all the CAD file types are brought it via File/Open. It would be extremely non-standard if, when you changed the 'Files of Type' dropdown from one format to another, the folder changed right before your eyes. Is that what you're expecting to happen? Having the dropdown of 'Recent Folders' available in the File/Open dialog helps you quickly jump to a certain previously used folder.

And the fact that we were a little slow (June 2007) to remove these unused directories from Config is probably what's adding to the confusion.

Does that help?

Yeah can we put them Back Please. We use this to control the way we out put Data for Verisurf. From here Customers can set a default location for the Reports that we make. Now it just opens to Data and then they have to save it to their NETWORK location. The old way you could set your default location here and it saved file and open files just like every other file. I will also throw this request in the Beta forum and in an Email.

Thanks for the response.