Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

why is x3 doing this?

veritasproject

quote:

I think it is memory/video card issue

I agree.. make sure the "disable back buffer" setting on the Screen page of System Config is checked.. You don't say what video card

you have, but turing that setting on may help.

[ 03-10-2009, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

quote:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT with 1 gb ddr2

quote:

i just put that video card in it hopes that it would fix it

If this cheap video card was the answer, I HATE to ask what the question was.

You CAN get by with a GOOD GEForce card by buying something out of the $59 bin, isn't going to get it done. Sorry but that is just how it is.

In an ideal situation you would have installed and NVidia Quadro card, those are the CAD/CAM workstation level cards. In a less than ideal situation, a GeForce Card, I would recommend NOTHING less than a 9800 card, an older 8800 works as well, I run 2 of these.

I see this quite a bit. It is definetely a Ram issue. Just like the verify problems. For some reason Mastercam does a real poor job of handling Ram. If you will elave your task manager open and set to the performance you will see that Mastercam does not let go of Ram in the page file after you verify. So what I am saying is that if you verify the same part say 3 times in a row you will see the page file just keeps growing. You can also open a blank file and see that it still hangs on to the Ram until you restart Mastercam. I will agree that it is a graphic issue but I think it is more directly related to the Ram hoarding.

retstaring MC is the only help I have found. Also I don't remember this being an issue in X2MR2.

If the part is unshaded, can you see all the features?

I agree, its most likely the the video card. I would try gcodes suggestion - "disable back buffer"

Also in the Shade Settings, try changing the "Chord height" parameters to a looser setting.

quote:

If this cheap video card was the answer, I HATE to ask what the question was.

You CAN get by with a GOOD GEForce card by buying something out of the $59 bin, isn't going to get it done. Sorry but that is just how it is.

In an ideal situation you would have installed and NVidia Quadro card, those are the CAD/CAM workstation level cards. In a less than ideal situation, a GeForce Card, I would recommend NOTHING less than a 9800 card, an older 8800 works as well, I run 2 of these.

my computer is older and it has pci slots not pcie so i could not get a quadro. i never had this happen at my old job. i have only been with compart olny 4 months. on top of all that they got mastercam just for me befor i started here and the mastercam reseller told my new boss that mastercam would run grate on an off the shelf pc, so it would be hard to talk them into getting my a new work staition. so the video i have is the best i could find for a pci slot

quote:

all she could do was tell me the min. specs for it to run

and I will tell you that unless you are doing SIMPLE flat 2D work, the minimum specs are WAAAAAYYYYY below what most users should have.