Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Small Robot machining SKULL.MC9

Tyler Robertson

i have a few on there that i have uploaded over the years. currently, i have the entire human body on file - tissues, nervous system, complete skeletal, etc.... some of these i can not give away, but if you need something else, hit me up.

fo the most part, these files were scanned with a minolta and then cleaned up in SW.

here are a few skulls that i have. the one with 4 viewports i can not share, sorry.

i have made a couple of these on 4ax haas machines. the one real human skull, i will be making it out of a big block of mahagony very soon.

here is the full model like the one that tyler made:

5ax.jpg

this one is a real human skull:

real.jpg

this one is a STL model that i bought and machined in wood:

stlskull.jpg

quote:

This is a great model - Anyone know where it came from?

I found a 3dS (or something like that format) file from some website and converted it to an STL.

Using Mastercam, I then added points and made a smooth coons out of the top portion.

Notice how the bottom jaw is still fauceted like the the original STL.

That file was cool... it has all the teeth and everything.

I still have it stuck away I need to go look at it and see if I finished refining it or not...

At one time I had some vampire fang incisor teeth added and was going to machine that but never got around to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Real nice Tyler

I was at in house for X4 rollout on the 9th and got to inspect the skull first hand, I gotta say though I think I could produce a nicer finish on a 3axis biggrin.gif

j/k

I downloaded the model and if I have time in the near future I'm going to machine it out of MDF, then paint it in chrome...not quite as nice as Moldmaker's but should look decent...I hope smile.gif