Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1 Verify

Mr. M

I had black verify on 2 Xp computers. This worked for me to fix the problem:

I set all my settings like in Scott's post above with Mastercam session closed. My initial Visual effects were set to Best appearance so I set them to best performance. When I reopened Mastercam and tried Verify, everything was still black. So I backed out of verify but left Mastercam open then went back to Performance Options and changed the Visual Effects setting back to Best Appearance. Doing this fixed my verify even after closing Mastercam and reopening.

I suspect that it had something to do with changing the Visual effects setting while Mastercam was open.

I hope this helps others to be able to use verify until Mastercam fixes this problem.

Jim

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I just wanted to give you all an update.

I replied with a generic "Thank you" to everyone who send in the screenshot / description of their graphics card, driver date, and driver version. We're using this information to see if there is any common thread between affected machines. This is definitely helping.

We're currently working on a REAL fix for the problem and hope to have it to test shortly. I'll keep you guys updated periodically. Thank you again for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Ran into this today on one of our seats (out of 5). Tried everything mentioned above..nothing helped. Wound up swapping the video card for a Quadro4 900 XGL (the thing was ancient anyways) to a GeForce6800 GS...which, BTW, using rivatuner will run as a QuadroFX4000

So, that was my fix...changing the vid card.

quote:

BTW, using rivatuner will run as a QuadroFX4000

After reading something like this before on here, I went and downloaded Rivatuner. I have an 8800GT from Nvidia, and I think I got all my settings tweaked as fast as the would go and still remain stable. Am I missing something? I really don't think my card is behaving like a Quadro headscratch.gif

It's not and it won't.

You can only softmod those card as I found out when I was tinkering. NVIDIA locked them and made it "impossible" after the 7000 series cards.

You would need an older 7000 or 6000 card to do the mod fully.

leigh, riva tuner is a software mod to trick the nvidia drivers into thinking the card is a quadro. Basically you install rivatuner, tell it that the pci-e slot is this turning into this. Then reboot and install the quadro drivers. It works ok but its not a real quadro.

Edit:

quote:

made it "impossible" after the 7000 series cards

You can still do it up to the 8800 gt series. The rest are chip protected.

quote:

You can still do it up to the 8800 gt series. The rest are chip protected.

Yeah, my 8800 GTS cards would not, I thought I had read they stopped it after the 7k series cards. I could be misinformed.

I have run benchmarks from viewperf using a real FX4000 vs the 6800GS. Without the nvstrap the FX stomped the 6800. With...the 6800 was within 5% of the FX4000. At the time I got the cards the 6800 was something like $120 and the FX4000 was over $1000.

As far as I know...the 6800 series was the last you were able to do this. Nvidia started laser cutting the extra pipelines out starting with the 7000 series.

Sad...because they use the exact same GPU...

A Quadro FX5600 uses the same GPU as the 8800 series cards.

http://www.gpureview.com/nvidia-g80-chip-130.html

One thing to note if you are into this kind of stuff...I don't believe that AMD/ATI has gone the route of totally disabling their Radeon cards from being a "FireGL" card...or if they have, it has been only recently...vs Nvidia who eliminated the possibility at least 3 generations ago.

then again...alot of old school users believe that ATI + Mastercam = No good.

My personal testing has proved them wrong....then again, different hardware, different OS, different way of installing = different results

Actually using MC X4 MU1 today to program, the dark Verify is very bad for trying to see anything it's doing.

While changing things per this thread on both computers (one ATI and one Nvidia Quadro) both seem to have the same problem once I get past the black out, dark verify. Shading has no effect.

Mike in MN