Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1 Verify

Mr. M

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gcode,

I did everything on your list (max performance is really "best performace" correct?), except WinPro SP3 ...

but on large files (80MB) still the front faces only are black, rest of stock is grey ... smaller files OK

also, on this file, when saving to STL, if "remove chip" is checked, I cannot "pick to keep one" ... files is 0k, when unchecked, the file is 13MB ...

PS ... one of my workers is using X3 mu1 and it does it on his was well ... original file created in X3 MU1 ... could this be associated?

PPS ... also does this on Win Vista with 64 bits Quatro FX 4800

quote:

I just hope we don't have to wait till X5 to get

a fix for this and any others that MAY show up.

That could take 6 to 8 months

CNC Software is way smarter than that. No way, are they going to let these bugs go that long. They'll start losing market share if that happens.

I've got a lot of faith in some of those guys up there. And I really appreciate the one on one help provided by Chris Bell in particular.

quote:

CNC Software is way smarter than that. No way, are they going to let these bugs go that long. They'll start losing market share if that happens.

I've got a lot of faith in some of those guys up there. And I really appreciate the one on one help provided by Chris Bell in particular.

I agree with this entire statement, especially the one on one support, and hope they go against their (anti 'SP'),MU protocol and get out FREE bug fixes soon

So lets see what happens then. Will we see an

SP1 for X4 MU1 or not.

Hi guys,

Anyone who is having the problem please send [email protected] the Windows Display Properties dialog describing the graphics card and driver. In XP, it can be found by:

- Right-click on the desktop.

- Select Properties.

- Click on the Settings tab.

- Click the Advanced Button.

- Click the Adapter tab.

- Click the Properties button.

- Click on the Driver tab.

In Vista, it is:

- Right-click on the desktop.

- Select Personalize.

- Click Display Settings.

- Click Advanced Settings.

- In the Adapter (first) tab, click Properties.

- Click the Driver tab.

PLEASE send these in to [email protected]. We're trying to find a resolution for this as quickly as possible. Thank you all for your help.

Here are some settings I used on my laptop to fix the verify black out. The laptop is a Dell Lattitude D820 with a Nvidia NVS 120M. (I can hear you laughing). XP-Pro/SP3. I finally got it to display a little better during geometry creation and display verify without blacking out. My settings are shown below. Most have been mentioned before. I found one setting that had not been mentioned before. I had my mouse trails turned on and it was causing problems with auto highlighting when selecting geometry. I also deleted my mcamx.config file and let Mastercam regenerate a new one. I did not update my video drivers because the drivers from nvidia are not compatible with my Dell laptop, they won’t install.

Please note that these same settings do not work on my Dell Vostro 420s with ATI Radeon 3450 cards in the classroom. I need hardware disabled to see arrowheads when changing normals, but verify blacks out. If I enable hardware verify works properly, but then I can’t see arrowheads when changing normals.

systempropeties.png

adj4performance.png

displayproperties.png

fullhardaccel.png

mousetrailsoff.png

mcamhardenabled.png

mcamverfyhardenabled.png

Hope this helps some of you with Nvidia NVS cards. Still can't get my ATI Radeons to work.

Here is one more for Chris B.

driver.png

[ 10-16-2009, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Scott Lundin, Shopware Inc. ]

Wow! nice post, scott.

That is exactly how I have my computer setup. My verify is still real dark but managable. And ever since downloading the latest driver I have a drift issue with dynamic rotate in verify, no where else, just in verify.

I have been working around the dark issue by changing my lighting every time I verify and changing it back when I'm done so that I can see my shaded solids outside of verify. It's a pain in the butt but it works.