Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Our New Makino D500 & MMC2... Sweet!!

SydwazShawn

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having issues!! bonk.gif

We ran into a problem in the post when it indexes C rotation 180 degrees from last position. The machine is set to index in shortest distance. Since 180 is the equal, verify doesn’t match machine in all cases.

I'm trying to figure out what to do. Maybe they can make a intermittent point in post that less then 180 degrees, so it forces it one way.

Another way I thought was to use a point toolpath, then change its plane to the closest 90 degree plane, so it posts out a rotation move. This would work I think, but if I accidentally don’t throw a point toolpath in, it may show crash, or not show crash in verify since it cant know what machine is going to do.

Maybe I should post new thread on this topic!

Anyone have thoughts on the matter?

Shawn..

P.S. Vids are postponed till I make some money on this thing!! biggrin.gif

quote:

I's not too late to get a Matsuura.

It's about time you chimed in! biggrin.gif

quote:

I thought that was a primary purpose of simulation, to show the actual of the 2 choices for each plane and rotation.

It can’t know what way it’s going to index when the machine is set to shortest distance. The machine could go either way in certain situations.

Since its mathematical calculations on machine, we may be able to find some reason, but I want a bullet proof way of properly indexing in this situation.

P.S. You have to see my Gixxer. I got her painted up real nice!! cheers.gif

quote:

Is there a Direction M code that you can add?

Can the shortest path parameter be changed from the NC file?

This is a good Idea. We were entertaining that idea last night, but I think this might be the easiest fix! wink.gif

Shawn, in the Mastercam MDCDPost, you can seed the Primary position (bias) using MI's. Can you set up ICAM to do the same?

I had a 5x trunnion that was extremely limited in Y that forced me to force rotations to be within a Y range by altering the choice of rotary position combination's. That is the way I handled it most of the time

I remember some older horizontal 5X Makino's using B+ and B- to control the direction of the rotation. All B values was still within 0 to 359.999. This behaviour was setup using some parameter I don't remeber.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

This thread makes me jealous. My nc mill is half my age

I think they have an APP to turn older mills into new ones! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, after these last two weeks, I feel like I doubled my age! I ran into so many problems with a hot job. Turns out the post wasn’t as solid as I thought, more like soft serve!

We were having issues with the tolerance between G43.4 and G68.2. After 1 full week of testing we found that 1: the TCP params were off a little and 2: the post wasn’t recalling X,Y location after G53.1 for the TWP. After we fixed that everything fell into place. I still have minor problems in the post, but they are slowly getting fixed. It seems like when you think you have it, you try a different thing in Mcam and then run into another problem. I’m just glad those last two weeks are over!!!!! banghead.gifwink.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...