Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Our New Makino D500 & MMC2... Sweet!!

SydwazShawn

Yea, I use the advanced 5 axis with all the bells and whistles. I tried tightening the cord height up but that made it slower. If I turn the quality down it goes faster but still dances around and is not smooth.

The biggest problem is on the two inner walls of the blade. One wall cuts pretty good and the other cuts horrible. They are both using the same tool path settings. This is why I think it’s a surface issue. headscratch.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawn:

With TCP is guess you are using G43.4 or G43.5 right? This is a brilliant function:) You can put the part anywhere on the table and still use the same program. No need to think about linearization error or inversed time feed.

Are you then also using G68.2 ( TWP ) for 3+2 stuff? This command is just as brilliant as G43.4 just for non simultaneous toolpaths.

quote:

With TCP is guess you are using G43.4 or G43.5 right? This is a brilliant function:) You can put the part anywhere on the table and still use the same program. No need to think about linearization error or inversed time feed.

Are you then also using G68.2 ( TWP ) for 3+2 stuff? This command is just as brilliant as G43.4 just for non simultaneous toolpaths.

Yep I'm using both. It is so nice, I love it!

quote:

Did Makino give you the CAD models of the machine for the ICAM post?

Makino gave them to me. I'm still trying to get all the outside sheet metal also so it looks cooler in simulation. lol!

quote:

Awesome pics! Great motivation for the day. How easy

is the tool breakage setup on that thing?

Very easy. The code looks like this:

/1 M501 H1

All my H and D's are 1 for every tool because I'm using the Pro 5 side and not the Fanuc side for offsets.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, Ha! The pre setter is sweet! Its also sweet as an optical comparator.

I fly out this weekend to Makino for the cell training for the week. Before I go, I wanted to

present my first small video, machining my first small part with many more to come. Actually I want to make a video of the cell system grabbing pizza off the rack! Lol I want a box of pizza loaded on one of the pallets on the rack, then make a serious spoof of me calling up the pizza loaded in the cell computer then sending it to the work set station! I thought that would be funny. Anyway here it is!

Shawn.. cheers.gif

[ 04-17-2010, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Shawn'ald ]

Shawn very cool Video. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Amazing what a little bit of thought and planning will do. I tried doing that here 3 years ago and no dice. We have over $2 Million in Whip right now and falling further and further behind. We would be 3-6 months ahead with a cell system, instead of the places we are at right now. frown.giffrown.gif

Very cool to see. I am proud to see a member of this board getting new toys like this. Makes me hold out hope I might see something along these lines one day. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Awesome job Shawn! cheers.gif

I see you got the surfaces smoothed out on the 5X paths... what was your methodology behind fixing it? I personally mentioned using the point/angle generators and was curious if that helped you? Care to share any input on your conquest? biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I still cant get proper post output. The machine has just been sitting there waiting! bonk.gif

The post is fine for milling, but using the G68.2 for canned cycles we had some trouble.

Just last night we figured out finally what the code suppose to look like, so all we need now is to have the output match. Looks like today will be my lucky day, because I see a new post in my inbox!! wink.gif