Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

Just started with MC last october. Started NC back when all we had was a Big Chief Tablet and a calculator. Over the years I've worked with Concept II, Smart Cam, Esprit, and now Master Cam.

In my opinion, saved the best for last. Located in southeast Kansas, doing aircraft work. Love the forum! wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i'm from Germany and a CNC-programmer in a company. About four Mastercam-Mill installations

help us since 2000 creating CNC-programms for milling molds and dies.

If beside is time i try to programm C-Hooks.

CU, MCHulk

[ 06-08-2002, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: MCHulk ]

Not really sure if you're looking for more replies to this or not, but the message keeps resurfacing, so I'll fire one off. New (basically self-taught) MasterCAM users from the Boston area, just trying to feel our way along at the moment and wait 'til the bottom line looks better (then maybe we'll spring for some training). Mostly turning work; any more lathe guys out there?

C

Hi,

I am from Fremont,CA(SF Bay Area) and am a former 7.0 user and currently getting brief looks at 9.0 where I currently work. I work for the leading manufacturer of surgical beds. For the most part I set-up,run and edit programs but will eventually program. Hope to learn alot here being primarily self taught.

Thanks,

Charlie

[ 06-12-2002, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Charlie Lavalleur ]

• 2 months later...

This Forum is truly outstanding, I solved a lot of my issue's just by going through the old posts. I am isolated on this tropical island, with only 2 other people to discuss CNC/CAD CAM with. My parent company is in NY, and I am currently working for them long term in the American Free Trade Zone, Dominican Republic. I currently use the newest CNC, on the Island, a 1998 B/port TC1. Back home on Long Island, I had a group of us that got together about 1 a month. Here, I have only been able to find 2 other guys who actually know what their doing. I have been working with some guy's at the Technical college in Las Americas, and got a proposal and funding finalized for a course, but since the El Jefe, received the funds, things came to a grind, I’m waiting to see how that plays out.

After I registered, I spent my 1st few days reading through ALL the old post's. I just don't get it, why some of the other companies out there aren't following the example by MasterCam. I mean Bridgeport, Cincinnati, SolidWorks? Not everything you need is always found in the manual or on some automated tech help line.

I put some post’s out and was really surprised at the great responses I received back. Thank you to CNC Software Inc. for a great forum, the best yet.

The Ex- Pat

Tim Hollis

I'm a programmer/operator at J.S.P.Mold in Milledgeville IL. I am a old Camax programmer.It took a while to get use to Mastercam. But I liked the maching features right off the bat. We have 5 seats of MC Version 9.0 I program 2d to 3d M1 alum. billet cavities ranging from 1" deep to 12" deep. I haven't had a problem yet. But if I could improve one thing about MC it would be the long generation times on multiple 3d suface geo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Mike Johnson, University of Calgary, Mechanical Engineering.

Replaced Smartcam with Mastercam. So far no problems.

Excellent training from Caledonian CADCAM Inc. Thanks Karl!

We design, build and repair research equipment for faculty

and graduate students, are involved with many SAE projects

such as, Formula SAE Car design and manufacturing, the SAE

heavy lift project, the SAE baja dune buggy, and a few others.

We have a HAAS HL-2 Lathe, Matsuura MC-760 V machining

center and a HAAS VF6-TR (trunnion) 5-Axis vertical mill.

• 1 year later...

Okay, I'm Rick Galindo, new to the forum but I've been using MasterCam since Ver.5

I can hardly wait for X since I've seen lots of great changes with every Ver. so far!

We work mostly with flatwork (plates, fixtures, countour milling) but we also do specialty work for a local casting company.

We use indexer in almost all of our machines .. which are all Haas's (10) total. 6 mills and 4 turning centers.

I guess that covers all ... for now anyway.