Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: Congrats to Webby

Bullines

I'm pleased to announce we went with 'Jack'.

And now a brief pause to allow Jack Mitchell to pick himself up off the floor...

For those wanting or requiring a Mastercam tie-in, our Jack is named after my grandfather - at one time a draftsman at a present day In-House Solutions client using Mastercam.

More news next week when we're back on our feet.

[ 04-04-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Congratulations Dave cool.gif

I waited till I was 38 (and tried hard to get out of it)

But my son is the best thing that ever came into my life. smile.gif

There are a lot of sleepless nites to come,but it

pays off as you go along.

It only gets better and better. wink.gif

Please post pics on FTP.

Nice cigar Scott!

Jack V1.0. Presumably, Jack V1.0 will be in Beta for 18-24 months, during which time you will encounter multiple 'glitches' per day, requiring you to keep issuing patches. Around 12 months, Jack V1.1 will debut, with self-propulsion capability. The glitches will remain, though. Between 18 and 24 months, a new language c-hook will be available, allowing 2-way voice communication.

Have fun!

quote:

More news next week when we're back on our feet.

Back on your feet in a week, you should be able to hear me laughing from your house. biggrin.gif

Good luck and congrats again.

cograts. dave i don't know everyone, but it seems like i do when i'm on here every day. yea i had my three kids between the age of 21 and 24. now there all grown up. now i have two grand kids and it's like your starting over, taking my 6 year old grand daughter out on the boat fishing for the first time.yea you'll have lots and lots of fun.......motty

Good Job Webbie!! Your whole life is about to make a huge change. My wife and I went thru 3 beta versions before we got delivery on the fully functional release, which seems to make it even that much more exciting and rewarding.

Hope everyone is doing well. Post picts.

'Rekd teh Passin' out cigars

Dave,

quote:

And now a brief pause to allow Jack Mitchell to pick himself up off the floor...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Actually I am also my Grandfathers namesake.

cheers.gif

How about a little comprimise? Jack "Mazak" Thompson... sounds little intriguing don't ya think?

Please email me your address for a gift for you and yours. smile.gifsmile.gif

Truth be known, I apprenticed resjun when he was fifteen (totally illegal since you must be eighteen in Ontario, Canada)- I might also add that he is totally qualified as well. smile.gifsmile.gif

For Jack, I will make an exception (he must be at least two years old and be able to eat solid food) - after this, look out for the attitude of an impending Mastercam junky/ slash/ Mazak toolmaker.

Regards, Jack

[ 04-05-2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

Congratulations

It sure is amazing when you have kids you can not remember what life was like before. We have a 6 month girl and a terrible or terrific (depending on his mood) 2 year old boy. I would not trade being a DAD for anything.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

Jody

Dave,

Welcome to the international club of Fatherhood. A chorus of the Lennon song beautiful boy will play in the back of you mind for at least 2-3 weeks until the lad pees on you while you are changing his diaper. This is the experience of a lifetime and a transformation into a family - trade in the Playstation and drum kit for a minivan and Little Tykes play things.

Glad to hear all is well and post a pic or two when you get a chance.

Congrats Dave

My 23 month old boy is evil/adorable dpending on his mood, but certainly priceless. My new twin daughters aren't home from the hospital yet but hopefully they will grow up to keep him in line.

Say goodbye to sleeping in, and say hello to learning the names of cartoon characters. Andrew was bang on with his prediction of the "fountain" during diaper changes. My son fired a direct hit right at my forehead, then proceeded to go on CNN to declare that he has seriously weakened the control&command structure of the Eigler regime.

Best of Luck

Dave,

All the best to you and your wife. You are entering a stage of your life that lasts for the rest of it. Enjoy every moment.

quote:

until the lad pees on you while you are changing his diaper

This will give new meaning to "the golden arches" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Phil